Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   America's Got Talent TV Show - Howard Stern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/americas-got-talent-tv-show-howard-stern-t189720.html)

bearisgray 05-22-2012 12:48 PM

America's Got Talent TV Show - Howard Stern

I am very surprised to find that I am liking Howard Stern as a judge on America's Got Talent.

NikkiLu 05-22-2012 01:04 PM

Same here - I also never did like Howie Mandel either - but on AGT he is OK.

Marilynsue 05-22-2012 02:46 PM

I swore I'd quit watching AGT if Howard Stern were to be a judge. I lied. Decided to give him a chance and found that he does know how to behave. In fact he's rather likeable!

burchquilts 05-22-2012 09:58 PM

I know I'm a weirdo but I've always found Howard to have a rather "soft" side & have always kinda liked him. I think his radio show is just an act.

burchquilts 05-22-2012 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu (Post 5235438)
Same here - I also never did like Howie Mandel either - but on AGT he is OK.

Here's what a dinosaur I am... I remember Howie on "St. Elsewhere" (one of my favorite shows ever) back in the day. Denzel Washington was on that show with him, too!

june6995 05-23-2012 02:57 AM

I only knew Howard Stern by comments other people made. I expected him to be foul-mouthed and
insensitive plus a lot more. I was shocked to learn he was going to be a judge. I thought I would try to
filter out whatever was offensive because I loved to see the talent of American people. Well, I got a shock!
Such a pleasant surprise. He IS a sensitive man...and a real showman. Last night gave us more insight
into the man.....and he even brought his father to the stage. What a show. He has added something that
was missing. I am now glad to have an opportunity to get to see the other side of one Howard Stern.
You GO, Howard!!!

June in Cincinnati

twoxover 05-23-2012 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by june6995 (Post 5236544)
I only knew Howard Stern by comments other people made. I expected him to be foul-mouthed and
insensitive plus a lot more. I was shocked to learn he was going to be a judge. I thought I would try to
filter out whatever was offensive because I loved to see the talent of American people. Well, I got a shock!
Such a pleasant surprise. He IS a sensitive man...and a real showman. Last night gave us more insight
into the man.....and he even brought his father to the stage. What a show. He has added something that
was missing. I am now glad to have an opportunity to get to see the other side of one Howard Stern.
You GO, Howard!!!

June in Cincinnati

i have been a stern fan for years. i listen to him on sirius radio, and before that, on terrestrial radio. if you can get past his "bread and butter"--ie sexy girls and gross things, he's remarkably a great interviewer and very kind and ethical. he did a GREAT interview with Billy Joel in december, and as well as Al Roker.

Happy Linda 05-23-2012 04:57 AM

I know what your saying. I to like Howard on there. I think the show will get great reviews this year.

Rose Marie 05-23-2012 06:52 AM

Last night he buzzed a 7 year old who cried.
He could not take it and went on stage to hug the kid.
He kept saying I cant do this.

EllieGirl 05-23-2012 02:04 PM

I too have been pleasantly surprised. Hugging the little boy, and bringing his father on stage says a lot about what kind of person he is. His father is funny!