Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Angel Collectors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/angel-collectors-t78385.html)

starshine 11-23-2010 08:50 PM

I mentioned to a new member who had angel in her board name that I liked it and that I collect angels. She replied that she did too, and someone else has commented that they also collect angels. So I thought it would be interesting to see how many others on this board collect angels.

Magdalena 11-23-2010 09:12 PM

I use to collect angels. I had a few and stopped. Why? Because now my friends and family always give me angels. So I guess I am now a receiver of angels.

mrspete 11-23-2010 09:19 PM

I started collecting Angels several years ago. I wanted Katharyn Stevensons' Bronson Angels. Now I find there are several parts to it. I have lot of others. The clear glass ones from Makasa, Friends give me some Willow Tree and the Dreamcicles, I have a cute arrangement of them. I have Heavenly Somethings. Most of these I got from Ebay. Home deco started me when someone gave Mother one and I looked it up and found several. I have some handmade ones and porcelain ones. I have a set of six stone wear, made in germany. That only scratches the surfaces. Friends give me all sorts of cute things about angels and with angels. The Bag Angel for plastic shopping bags, I have two and they are precious. Door hangings, Tole Painted ones, Dancing Angels....Oh I can't name them all. I saw on ebay that Bronson angels had one that was lying on it's belly. Now I don't have one like that......but, not buying anything now days. I enjoy what I have. Thanks for asking.
Blessings, Ruth

Born2Sew 11-23-2010 09:26 PM

I also collect angels. The first one I got was at my husbands Christmas party. We played some game, I forget what but anyway I won and got to choose what I wanted. There was a beautiful angel playing a harp, so she was my first one. After that, it seemed that someone was always giving me an angel, even though they didn't know I collected them. Pretty cool I think.

quilting cat 11-23-2010 09:29 PM

I'm the one who also commented, I think. I started when I used an angel on my (now 32 yo) DD's birth announcement.
Have over 150.

Jim's Gem 11-23-2010 09:42 PM

I collect angels too. Started with a couple of cross stitch angels I made and then it grew. I have since started collecting Tea pots and Tea cups so now I get all three at times!

Qbee 11-23-2010 11:14 PM

I sort of collect angels...meaning that I really like angels so my kids and DH tend to get them for me alot :D

T-Bones mom 11-24-2010 02:40 AM

I collect them also. Mostly Willow Tree.

SuziC 11-24-2010 03:39 AM

Me too. I Love Angels They have a very Special meaning to me and i will always make room for more :!:

Up North 11-24-2010 03:51 AM

I also collect angels I am always looking for the guardian angel with the two children on the bridge, have about 6 of them also lots of others.