Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Another earthquake! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/another-earthquake-t147665.html)

virtualbernie 08-24-2011 09:44 PM

Centered in Mineral VA--4.5 aftershock. Hope nobody's hurt! Take care!

beebs 08-24-2011 09:45 PM

Geez- its all on over there at the moment isn't it? Is that normal for you guys?

QuiltnLady1 08-24-2011 09:45 PM

Oh, those poor people. Hope nothing else fell and no one gets hurt.

virtualbernie 08-24-2011 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by beebs
Geez- its all on over there at the moment isn't it? Is that normal for you guys?

Nope, it's not normal on the East Coast. Didn't feel anything in Maryland this time but my cat's extra clingy tonight...

beebs 08-24-2011 09:51 PM

Thats very scary then. I notice if people are from earthquake prone areas they are a bit 'meh, whatever' - which is why I asked! I wonder what is going on? Have they said anything? Do they expect a big one?

Oh - I just saw where you were from...I've been to Maryland - stay safe and lets hope there is no more!

nycbgirl 08-24-2011 10:03 PM

That's really too bad. I hope no more aftershocks, they can be just as scarry.

crafty_linda_b 08-24-2011 11:28 PM

I hope this is the last of the quakes for you easterners. The whole world is changing tho. The polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate. I have a feeling we are in for alot more strange weather & happenings in the future. I am a firm believer in warning signs and there are more and more happening each day. When the space flights first started back in the late 1960's my Mom told me to watch and see what happens to the world. She told me that the moon controls the earths ocean tides and so forth. The more times they go into space the more it will change things and create problems. I was just about 10 years old then and I am now in my early 60's and I am realizing she was right. crafty_linda_b

Deb watkins 08-24-2011 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Centered in Mineral VA--4.5 aftershock. Hope nobody's hurt! Take care!

And I am headed for Colonial Williamsburg, VA on Tuesday!

beebs 08-24-2011 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
I hope this is the last of the quakes for you easterners. The whole world is changing tho. The polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate. I have a feeling we are in for alot more strange weather & happenings in the future. I am a firm believer in warning signs and there are more and more happening each day. When the space flights first started back in the late 1960's my Mom told me to watch and see what happens to the world. She told me that the moon controls the earths ocean tides and so forth. The more times they go into space the more it will change things and create problems. I was just about 10 years old then and I am now in my early 60's and I am realizing she was right. crafty_linda_b

I agree - there is definitely something going on. The world is off kilter for sure. There is so much going on all of the time - its very worrying!

Jan in VA 08-25-2011 12:15 AM

I felt it, but I was sitting still in my chair. I believe if I'd been busy moving around I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

There have been many earthquakes in this region going back 150+ years, many noted in writings...letters/newspapers/diaries...of the time, but none of them was as strong as the one Tuesday, since the 1890s. Were you aware that northern CA had 2 quakes today? And there was a 7.0 in Peru?

Believe me we are more concerned about the impending hurricane -- those are more common and certainly more likely to cause death and damage for us in this part of the country. Any Bible student, though, sure sees similarities in current news and end time prophecies! Especially when quake day was spectacularly beautiful with the bluest skies and the whitest clouds we've seen in months; hard not to look up with expectation!

Jan in VA