Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   answer me this please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/answer-me-please-t91868.html)

Hosta 01-19-2011 06:00 AM

if you had an ad on Craigslist in fact a couple ads selling fabric and a couple sewing machines and someone namely me wrote to inquire would you answer that you had sold the items or would you just ignore it? I feel since the ad was not deleted inquires should be answered with a polite response that the item was sold. If you didn't want to respond wouldn't you remove the ad? So I wrote again saying if they didn't want to answer inquiries the polite thing to do was to remove the ad. Was I right or wrong or just being a trouble maker?

Murphy 01-19-2011 06:03 AM

Courtesy is important in all aspects of our life. You did the right thing in trying to ascertain whether there was something for sale or not.

pstoner 01-19-2011 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Courtesy is important in all aspects of our life. You did the right thing in trying to ascertain whether there was something for sale or not.

I agree here. I had previously listed items on Craigslist, and when the item sold, I removed my ad, and also continued to respond that the items had been sold if responses came before they realized the ad was deleted.

no1jan 01-19-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy

I have bought and sold on Craigslist. If I am selling an item, I try and contact the people who had e-mailed me regarding the items right after I had deleted the topic.

On the other hand, if I buy an item I don't like seeing it still posting as being available.

pocoellie 01-19-2011 06:17 AM

I would have done the same. Some people don't have a clue about common courtesy.

redvette54 01-19-2011 06:29 AM

I have bought and sold on Craiglist. When I place an ad, I say, calls only, no emails. I do this because of spam emails and very insulting emails. The worst email I recieved was when I listed a classic car for sale. The person who emailed me told me, they knew I was having money problems and offered me half of my asking price. I replied with a flaming email, pulled the ad and now, if I list something, I take calls only. I do delete my posting when the item is sold, but I don't answer emails

DawnMarie 01-19-2011 06:43 AM

It sounds like this is a person I wouldn't want to buy anything from. If he can't answer an e-mail, then he probably wouldn't follow through with sending the merchandise.

sewwhat85 01-19-2011 06:50 AM

some people just dont care and other are just new to it and just dont know they need to take it down

DebraK 01-19-2011 07:08 AM

chalk it up to ignorance.

Candace 01-19-2011 07:24 AM

This happens all the time to me. About 70% of the time I get a response and the rest of the time, people are rude.