Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any Doctor Who Fans? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-doctor-who-fans-t201887.html)

XYZ123 10-01-2012 05:33 AM

But watching the Doctor Who series since 1970 and have liked all the doctors but I do have favorites: Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Chris Ecclston, Dave Tennant and finally started to like Matt Smith.

icon17 10-01-2012 05:36 AM

ME But The Old ones! The new ones just don't cut It! for me. :(

QuiltingVagabond 10-01-2012 07:15 AM

My 7 year old grandson is CRAZY for Dr. Who!! He wants to dress as the TARDIS for Halloween... we tried to tell him that no one in the second grade is going to know what he is LOL.

He can tell you who all the Drs. are and who their companions are, and loves to discuss his favorite episodes.

LenaBeena 10-01-2012 07:22 AM

Drs. Who, Herriott and Farnan

Originally Posted by icon17 (Post 5553859)
ME But The Old ones! The new ones just don't cut It! for me. :(

Me too! (Now we are not getting old, just mature!) Anyway I loved the first Doctor and my kids were little then and watched too. We made a tardis out of a big box , had themed ornaments on our Christmas tree, and have remained fans all these years. When Peter Davidson (hope that name is correct) was the Doctor I couldn't imagine him as anyone else than Tristan on All Creatures Great and Small. That show and books are wonderful! I visited the actual surgery that Alfred White (James Herriott) had and also the tourist kitchen replica of Seldale House. Felt like I was actually part of that time and place. Anyone else fans of the vets?

Chasing Hawk 10-01-2012 09:14 AM

Tom Baker is my all time favorite Doctor.

I loved that scarf, I can't knit or crochet to save my live though. And his "sonic screwdriver" was the best.
I wish my sewing room had the same amount of room the Tardis has.

Greenheron 10-01-2012 09:26 AM

My first DS has been a fan for more than 30 years and STILL tries to coax me into watching with him. N-o-o-o-o-o! He learned to knit stitch when he wanted me to make him one of those ten foot scarves. Thank heaven he became tired of the project and he never wore it in public. He still duct tapes me to a chair and recites hours of plot twists, character updates and companion descriptions and actor favorites. The only thing sillier than Daleks was Twikki from Buck Rogers and the Dagget on (I think) the original Battlestar Galactica. I still love DS #1 despite this persistent mental aberration.

For cool time travel try Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells in Time after Time. Now he's a Time Lord.:thumbup:

collady 10-01-2012 10:49 AM

I love the Dr. but do not get it here. My daughter is a fan and got to go to a special showing in NYC!

Wendy54 10-01-2012 11:32 AM

e

Originally Posted by jitkaau (Post 5553575)
Been a fan since Peter Cushing..liked Pertwee the best..Tennant was good but not overly keen on Matt Smith. The stories are still good.

Doctor Who, who I have been faithfull to since my 20's. (Longgggg Timmmme). My very favorite is Tom Baker. My friend knitted me a scarf. Love it in the winter. Have on my car bumper a sticker that says, Tardis Mail, when it absoluetly has to be there yesterday. Lots of people stop me in parking lots who are fans. The Christmas Special they have make every year. It is one show, but it still has a wonderful story.

Wendy
( a hoping to be companion)

vickig626 10-01-2012 12:29 PM

Been a fan since the new series started with the 9th Doctor. Enjoy watching the reruns too. Started watching Classic Doctor Who starting from the beginning. Watched what I could on Netflix and really liked Tom Baker but enjoyed all the others as well. I would have to say my favorite from the classic series is Tom Baker and probably David Tennant from the new series but Matt Smith is doing a great job too. I guess I just enjoy the show so much, all the doctors are great. Now I need to start buying the DVDs to see all the old ones.

quiltsRfun 10-01-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by LenaBeena (Post 5554114)
When Peter Davidson (hope that name is correct) was the Doctor I couldn't imagine him as anyone else than Tristan on All Creatures Great and Small. That show and books are wonderful! I visited the actual surgery that Alfred White (James Herriott) had and also the tourist kitchen replica of Seldale House. Felt like I was actually part of that time and place. Anyone else fans of the vets?

I remember when he was the Doctor, although I wasn't watching it then. I'm a James Herriott fan and loved PD as Tristan.