Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any Idea What These Are For?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-idea-what-these-t130225.html)

Ps 150 06-13-2011 12:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A friend just blessed me with a lot of fleece and felts that were passed on to her. In the bag of felts were these little characters. There's an opening where the mouth should be. They're too small for tissue holders, though. My friend had no idea what these were, either. Any thoughts?

Santa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211006[/ATTACH]

Snowman
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211007[/ATTACH]

Christmas Tree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211008[/ATTACH]

A view of the bottom.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211010[/ATTACH]

A side view with the mouth held open more to show the size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211014[/ATTACH]

Becka 06-13-2011 12:50 PM

treat bags?

Airwick156 06-13-2011 12:50 PM

Maybe for a couple peices of candy or a little candy cane. And stuck onto a gift package as an "extra" little thing. Thats my guess. They are really cute. Hope you figure out what they are for.

np3 06-13-2011 12:50 PM

They are candy treat bags. I know this because I use to make them for classroom treats!

Ps 150 06-13-2011 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by np3
They are candy treat bags. I know this because I use to make them for classroom treats!

Do I just fill them halfway? And, how did you keep them from falling over? I had the thought of them being treat bags but when I put some mints in there, they fell over.

Becka 06-13-2011 12:54 PM

garland dispenser? toe warmer... money holder gift thingie... thing to make you go hmmm...

Becka 06-13-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ps 150

Originally Posted by np3

Do I just fill them halfway? And, how did you keep them from falling over? I had the thought of them being treat bags but when I put some mints in there, they fell over.

Maybe the maker did the openings wrong, and that's why they're still in the bag...?

np3 06-13-2011 12:57 PM

You need to fill them up more to shape them. That's why the bottom is shaped the way it is.

dd 06-13-2011 01:05 PM

Maybe if you opened the bottom back up you could slip it over a small jar and fill the jar or cup with candy and it would sit better. Or maybe an opening in the back. Maybe the cup would go into the mouth. That would kind of weigh it down.

np3 06-13-2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by dd
Maybe if you opened the bottom back up you could slip it over a small jar and fill the jar or cup with candy and it would sit better. Or maybe an opening in the back. Maybe the cup would go into the mouth. That would kind of weigh it down.

But glass is not a good choice for kids, especially as a favor for their parties. These are not made incorrectly, they look just like the pattern.