Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any one read "Gone Girl"??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-one-read-gone-girl-t212285.html)

dcamarote 01-29-2013 12:02 PM

Yes, I read it about 6 months ago and loved it. Some of my friends had suggested we do a book club with it but no one else finished it. I thought it was great.

didi 01-29-2013 12:50 PM

My two favorites are James Patterson and Tami Hoag. Love mystery and who done it.

QuiltingVagabond 01-29-2013 03:11 PM

yes, it was a really good read

cherrio 01-29-2013 06:15 PM

I just downloaded Gone Girl on my Nook. two that I loved that I read recently are The Innocent by David Baldacci and The Witness by Nora Roberts. I loved the Harlan Coben series. and Michael Connelly 's The Concrete Blonde. I love the "who dun it" type books. Toss in a little bit tawdry romance novel a couple times a year and it rounds out. I have Dark Places lined up to download also. Hope I enjoy it as much as you ladies did

ghquilter53 01-30-2013 05:56 AM

I was intrigued at first but then started getting bored with all the twists and turns...just too many. I skimmed the last 3 or 4 chapters and was disappointed in the depressing ending...so hopeless.

damaquilts 01-30-2013 06:34 AM

Something for me to check out. Favorite books. Alex Cross series, Patterson.. Eve Dallas series, J.D Robb(nora roberts) . Anna Pigeon series. Nevada Barr. Loved Tony Hillerman. There are so many that I can't remember off the top of my head. There is one I really liked set in Alaska and a second that used and older woman that travels from Alaska to the southwest (i think) by herself with her dog in an RV I am pretty sure both series were written by the same author or maybe its the same series can't remember.

Iraxy 01-30-2013 07:46 AM

I am wondering if you are talking about the Kate Shugak character by Dana Stabenow which is set in Alaska. I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and have read it twice. I love the Eve Dallas books. Anna Pigeon is tops! When my DH and I traveled to the southwest, I always looked for the places in which Tony Hillerman books were set. I loved Lonesome Dove and all the prequels and sequels and followed their trail too when we traveled in the southwest and into Montana.

Originally Posted by damaquilts (Post 5824845)
Something for me to check out. Favorite books. Alex Cross series, Patterson.. Eve Dallas series, J.D Robb(nora roberts) . Anna Pigeon series. Nevada Barr. Loved Tony Hillerman. There are so many that I can't remember off the top of my head. There is one I really liked set in Alaska and a second that used and older woman that travels from Alaska to the southwest (i think) by herself with her dog in an RV I am pretty sure both series were written by the same author or maybe its the same series can't remember.

damaquilts 01-30-2013 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Iraxy (Post 5825030)
I am wondering if you are talking about the Kate Shugak character by Dana Stabenow which is set in Alaska. I loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and have read it twice. I love the Eve Dallas books. Anna Pigeon is tops! When my DH and I traveled to the southwest, I always looked for the places in which Tony Hillerman books were set. I loved Lonesome Dove and all the prequels and sequels and followed their trail too when we traveled in the southwest and into Montana.

I just looked at some of the Dana Stabenow books on my library page and I don't think that's it. I wish my memory were better. I never did start reading the Lonesome Dove series. I have plenty of time so I may start once I get back to Ga and settle in.

Ah Ha I found it the author is Sue Henry. :)