Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone for Coffee? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-coffee-t65986.html)

fmd36 09-21-2010 10:07 AM

Somewhere on the newsletter we were talking about the increase in prices...cotton,coffee,wheat, etc. FYI investment group sent a email saying that coffee has increased 54% in the last year with an increase of 44% just since June. It is expected to go up another 30% by the end of the year . My local small grocery (IGA) had one of my fav/ brands at $3.50 off /bag this week. I think I will go back for more. ..or see if DH will be happy going back to tea.

Sadiemae 09-21-2010 10:08 AM

I like the smell of coffee, but it isn't going anywhere near my mouth! LOL

cjomomma 09-21-2010 10:12 AM

Unfortunately the price of everything is going up and we will continue to pay the higher prices. It just irks me, I can't hardly afford to live anymore.

Caroltee 09-21-2010 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I like the smell of coffee, but it isn't going anywhere near my mouth! LOL

Double Ditto

amma 09-21-2010 10:25 AM

Noooooo not my coffee :shock: please don't tell me that chocolate is next :(

Rosyhf 09-21-2010 10:30 AM

I love coffee, my favorite being ...Santa's White Christmas by Barnie's....son gives us that for special occasions. During the rest of the common year lol, we drink Folger's. We only have a couple cups a day. We don't drink it all day.

KarylMc 09-21-2010 10:32 AM

My husband roasts our coffee for us...He buys green coffee beans from SweetMarias.com and let me tell you-- it is wonderful!
Not sure it's any cheaper (in fact, probably not!), but it is the freshest ever and comes straight from the coffee growing farms.
I think my husband would give up all food before he gave up his coffee :-)
Amma...I'm with you on that...please please don't take my chocolate away!

livenlearn124 09-21-2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I love coffee, my favorite being ...Santa's White Christmas by Barnie's....son gives us that for special occasions. During the rest of the common year lol, we drink Folger's. We only have a couple cups a day. We don't drink it all day.

MINE TOO!!! All time favorite , Santa's White Christmas!

Mimito2 09-21-2010 11:11 AM

DH asked why grocery bill was double last week. I took him to pantry and showed him 8-3 lb cans of coffee. Told him the sale price, the regular price, advised that I had checked the expiration dates and bought every can they had. He is the coffeeholic, carries a thermos with him everywhere he goes. I have enough to last till Christmas. (I hope)

sewmuchmore 09-21-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Noooooo not my coffee :shock: please don't tell me that chocolate is next :(

I gave up coffee, but chocolate never ;)