Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone else sick or hurt from Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-else-sick-hurt-christmas-t86415.html)

raptureready 12-31-2010 05:43 AM

DD received a Wii along with several games for Christmas. I've spent so many hours trying to beat her at bowling, skill ball, ping cup, frisbee golf, miniature golf, horseshoes and wakeboarding that I can barely lift my arms today. My right arm is really hurting and my left one isn't far behind. Canoeing has killed both of them. The other games just mutilated the muscles and joints in the right one. This old lady should have known better than to try to outlast an 11 yr old kid. So, is anyone else suffering from Christmas fun?

cjomomma 12-31-2010 05:46 AM

LOL!! That's funny. I need to get 1 but then again I might not get any quilting done.

raptureready 12-31-2010 05:56 AM

No, you'll still quilt, it will just hurt more. LOL From my neck to just above my waist feels like I've been badly beaten. Maybe I'll try the Wii Fit Plus so that I can hurt evenly all over more than anywhere else.

clem55 12-31-2010 06:01 AM

LOL You poor thing! But look at all the exercise you got! And fun!! About all I can do is sit at the table and play games with the youngest two grands, and I miss doing the more active things with them. Your daughter will have great memories!

trueimage 12-31-2010 06:02 AM

haha...sounds like you'll be getting into shape with the Wii.....more quilting endurance!!!!

raptureready 12-31-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by trueimage
haha...sounds like you'll be getting into shape with the Wii.....more quilting endurance!!!!

Yeah, that's it, building quilting endurance with the Wii. You think they might come up with a specialized game for that? Practice cutting with the rotary cutter, speed threading of machines, FM quilting, etc.

hmmm, actually that might be rather fun....

trueimage 12-31-2010 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready

Originally Posted by trueimage

Yeah, that's it, building quilting endurance with the Wii. You think they might come up with a specialized game for that? Practice cutting with the rotary cutter, speed threading of machines, FM quilting, etc.

hmmm, actually that might be rather fun....

Sounds like you just found yourself a financial opportunity!!!

raedar63 12-31-2010 06:08 AM

Yep, X-box kinec kicked my butt.

CarrieAnne 12-31-2010 06:11 AM

LOL, sounds like you found a FUN way to get hurt though!
I got a pair of those new shape up shoes for Christmas, I really wanted a pair, but I am wonderingif its going to really hurt my legs to wear them all day at work....I want the shape up, lol, but not sore muscles!

kateyb 12-31-2010 06:11 AM

I've heard that seniors are loving the wii. They can get exercise at home and have fun doing it. They really have fun with the grandkids.
Some nursing homes are even getting them.