Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-ever-have-incomplete-mammogram-t171253.html)

emt2004 12-07-2011 07:04 AM

Anyone ever have an incomplete mammogram?

I am scared stiff. Got a call to come back to have my left breast redone, while dr. was there to read it. said it could take 2 to 3 hours, may want to do ultrasound also. Anyone ever have this happen? I guess I am just a worry wart.......Michele

Kim Bohannon 12-07-2011 07:05 AM

I've never had a mamogram, I hope there is nothing wrong... that can be very scary, but no matter what... God is still in controll, and with Him by your side, nothing to worry about.... I know, easier to say than to do! lol

Jazzmyn 12-07-2011 07:12 AM

I have had several "incomplete" mammograms.....the first time scared me to. As it turned out it was a shadow on the film that happened several times. I was even sent to a sugeron that said there was nothing to be concerned with. I don't know why or how the shadows appeared neither did the tech I could have moved slightly.

Will say a prayer for you that it is nothing and everything will be fine.
Take care and try not to worry.

loves_2_quilt 12-07-2011 07:12 AM

I have had call backs for mamos. They did a compression/spot focal and a sonogram the first time. The second time the hospital had a new mamo machine and the spot focal was done then. Both times I had to have a biopsy. Everything was okay for me. Just remember that the new mamo machines can pick up a cancer the size of a grain of rice and smaller.

Just because you have a call back for more studies doesn't mean that it will be bad news. It means that they are making sure you are well. Please try not to worry, easier said than done, and let us know how things go.

Becka 12-07-2011 07:20 AM

Happens to me almost every time I get my mammo done. I have very lumpy breasts - full of fibroid cysts. Especially if I've been drinking too much caffeine and not taking my Vitamin E! They let me watch the ultrasound. Fascinating.

Sandra-P 12-07-2011 07:46 AM

Try not to worry. I had to go back for another and have an ultrasound too. The worse part was being in the waiting room with other women who were going through the same thing. One was upset that her husband was not allowed in there with us as we sat with the gowns on. I will send good thoughts your way.

seamstome 12-07-2011 07:50 AM

Ive had it too. They do a spot, an ultrasound and maybe a needle biopsy. Worked out to be nothing. I think now that mammo's are more accurate, they tend to overread them to be on the conservative side which is good but causes these encore performances more often.

Annie68 12-07-2011 08:30 AM

Been there too. I've had all of the tests, ultra sound, needle biopsy, nothing ever found. They are always cautious, as well they should be, I'm sure it's nothing. Good luck anyway!

emt2004 12-07-2011 08:50 AM

Thank all of you for your replies, I will keep you posted.............Michele

amma 12-07-2011 09:34 AM

(((HUGS))) Try not to worry too much, many times they "think" they see something and call us back in. My tech always reminds us that if we get a call to come back in, most of the time it is a false alarm. The Radiologists would rather call us back in for a false alarm, and err on the side of caution :) :) :)