Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone going to Weight Watchers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-going-weight-watchers-t140311.html)

kimscruzer 07-26-2011 04:24 AM

Is anyone going WW? If so do you like it , what equipment does one need ? Any other advice you may have would be appreciated. I have got to do something. I have always been abit overweight , but I am not feeling at all healthy anymore. I had a epiphany yesterday while shopping . Went home in tears . I have lost weight before only to become non compliant with my choices . Thanks for your advice. :?

SparkMonkey 07-26-2011 04:38 AM

I have never been a WW member so I can't offer help, but I can offer support and encouragement. However much weight you need to lose, however much fitness you need to gain, YOU CAN DO IT. It might take a long time, and it'll all start with baby steps, but investing in your health is never, ever a bad idea. *hugs*

In the immortal words of Pooh Bear, "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." :)

lindy 07-26-2011 04:44 AM

My husband & I both go. No equipment needed. It is an easy program to follow and the support at the meetings is great. You can't expect the weight to just fall off. If you do, you get discouraged. It's the small changes that keep me going. Losing pants sizes, more energy, a drop in my cholesterol, even rolling over in bed is easier. I hope WW works for you. Just stick with it and you will get there!
Linda

kimscruzer 07-26-2011 05:24 AM

I love Winnie the Pooh ! He has a new movie coming out too!

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
I have never been a WW member so I can't offer help, but I can offer support and encouragement. However much weight you need to lose, however much fitness you need to gain, YOU CAN DO IT. It might take a long time, and it'll all start with baby steps, but investing in your health is never, ever a bad idea. *hugs*

In the immortal words of Pooh Bear, "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." :)

Brett Quilts 07-26-2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Is anyone going WW? If so do you like it , what equipment does one need ? Any other advice you may have would be appreciated. I have got to do something. I have always been abit overweight , but I am not feeling at all healthy anymore. I had a epiphany yesterday while shopping . Went home in tears . I have lost weight before only to become non compliant with my choices . Thanks for your advice. :?

Congratulations on making this important dicision. You need nothing speical, just a willing spirit. The support is great, the program isn't difficult, and the results should make you very happy - for yourself. My only advice (as a LT member) is to incorporate excercise. It helps the lbs come off and makes you feel better inside and out.
Best of luck.
Brett

Delta 07-26-2011 05:36 AM

Kimberly. I use the free on line. sparkpeople.com that is a wonderful site. they give you a tracker you can enter in your own food and see how good your choices are or use theirs. I do my own. they have a message board and all the tools you need. just be honest with yourself and if you eat a cookie but that down and limit what else you eat to adjust the calories, fat , protein, so and so on. take a look at it. I have been on 10 days and lost 7 lbs. But I am honest with it. if i cheat I put that on my log.
Dawn (((drink your water and tea))))

sueisallaboutquilts 07-26-2011 05:48 AM

I used to belong but honestly you don't need it. Just cut down portions, learn what's healthy to fuel your body and start moving! Drink lots of water too.
WW is a good program, don't get me wrong. My problem with it is twofold: it's expensive, and it makes me think about food constantly.
Whatever you choose, good luck! You can do it :)

redkimba 07-26-2011 05:50 AM

We have a couple of threads here for folks going to WW.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58627-1.htm

I've been going since January 2011. You don't need any equipment except for the starter stuff - WW changed its plan recently so any stuff older than December 2010 is not correct.

I added stuff as I went along - I have a Wii with a Wii Fitness disk & board; I use the Resort. Both help me get exercise in while it's too hot to be outside.

You can do this. Go to the meetings for support & tips. Lots of water. Be active. :)

You will find your happiness again.

Jamiestitcher62 07-26-2011 08:30 AM

I have done WW a couple of times, once in 1998 and lost 50 pounds, kept it off for about 5 years and then it slowly crept back. Lost another 30 or so on the older WW. The new plan is ok, because now all fruits and veggies are free food. I don't bother going to meetings, I got the books and stuff and after awhile quit to continue on my own.

If you're one of those that needs constant reassurance go to the meetings, but it is expensive and basically you can follow the program on your own once you have the books.

mizkyp 07-26-2011 09:46 AM

I did weight watchers years ago and fell off the wagon. Not special equipment except a notebook to write down what you eat. Drink lots of water. Good luck and be my inspiration!!!