Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone tried HCG? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-tried-hcg-t48517.html)

MistyMarie 06-05-2010 05:06 PM

I am seriously thinking about going on an HCG diet. Has anyone tried the sublingual drops with success? I would love to find out some information that is directly from someone who has used it and not some Internet company that is trying to sell me their product.

craftybear 06-05-2010 06:04 PM

never heard of it

littlehud 06-05-2010 06:13 PM

It's a new one to me.

CarrieAnne 06-05-2010 06:23 PM

Me either?

sharon b 06-05-2010 06:42 PM

What is it or what is it suppose to do ? Never heard of it

MistyMarie 06-05-2010 07:12 PM

A few of my co-workers did this through injections and lost bunches of weight. I guess it is a hormone that helps the body metabolize fat. It requires a very strict diet. Ironically, when I clicked on the thread, the google ad below was for HCG.

stitchinwitch 06-05-2010 07:14 PM

oh yeah! I did about 30 years ago when it was "different". I lost 28 pounds in a month and loved it. Then the Food and Drug Admin stepped in and had to change the chemistry and I tried it again several months later and gained 5 pounds. Like I said, it was 30 years ago, so I'm sure the makeup has changed again. It was nice - I had to go in and get weighed a few times a week and got injections of the hormone. Would I do it again? Yep! In fact, it would be interesting finding out who offers it here and how it has changed. Good Luck!

MistyMarie 06-06-2010 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
oh yeah! I did about 30 years ago when it was "different". I lost 28 pounds in a month and loved it. Then the Food and Drug Admin stepped in and had to change the chemistry and I tried it again several months later and gained 5 pounds. Like I said, it was 30 years ago, so I'm sure the makeup has changed again. It was nice - I had to go in and get weighed a few times a week and got injections of the hormone. Would I do it again? Yep! In fact, it would be interesting finding out who offers it here and how it has changed. Good Luck!

Thanks. I am going to go ahead and try it over the summer. I figure it will be easier to do when I am home instead of trying to do this during the school year. I cannot go to the bathroom for almost five hours straight during the day when I teach, so I have a hard time getting enough fluids in me during the morning. (I teach from 7:20 until 12:10 before I get a bathroom break next school year!)

reach for the stars 2 06-06-2010 11:40 AM

Never heard of this diet before. Be careful some diets are deadly.

Julie in NM 06-06-2010 03:17 PM

Want to drop pounds? and don't we all at some time...watch the hiden sugars/carbs in the foods you eat. I've been on the Belly Fat Diet by Jorge Cruise and lost 20# since Jan. Going slower now but pounds are staying off. Don't need odd supplements...just watch the hidden sugars in the food you are eating now. I cut out anything that had the word DIET on the label...bad fake sweeteners, biscuitti with my morning coffee and half and half in my coffee. White bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes have too many carbs.

Went to my doc for a check up and said I'd lost the weight and he turned around and shook my hand. Asked why and told him jeans were getting too tight and refused to buy the next size up. He laughed and said it was so unusual to speak to a patient and not have to "strongly suggest" a diet. He said I was doing it the right way and to keep on going. Goal is 30 pounds by the time I turn 60 in Aug.

You can get the diet book at almost any book store and has vidoes on UTUBE too. Book is only 19.99 and is a great guide.

Good luck.