Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Back Pain/Fibermyalgia sufferers try this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/back-pain-fibermyalgia-sufferers-try-t64480.html)

Quiltforme 09-13-2010 12:36 AM

I know that this may sound strange but it works. I suffer from back pain and fibermyalgia pain it is not fun when both act up. My mom told me about a friend of hers who soaks in a bathtub with epsion salt. I thought she was nuts until I tried it (besides who doesn't like to soak in a bath away from the kids!) What you do is run a bath as hot as you can stand it. You will need at least 4lbs of epsion salts and let dissolve. Soak in the tub for as long as you like. I actually was able to sit in the tub for about 15 minutes and loved every minute. Then wrap yourself in a heavy robe or blanket and stay there to sweat it out. I didn't feel any different that night but the next day and today WOW I woke up with no pain and that is very rare. I know some of us have issues and I thought I would pass along something that worked for me. Try it what do you have to loose??

loopywren 09-13-2010 01:24 AM

Thank you so much.. I am old enough to know Epsom salts does this, it was used long before the modern stuff came in, but had forgotten.. I will pass this to my daughter who has fibromyalgia. She will be ver grateful I am sure.

Twilliebee 09-13-2010 01:25 AM

Thanks, Jade. I'll be trying this. As a fellow traveller down the fibro/CFS road, the words 'no pain' are like the Holy Grail............
Glad you got a pain free day. Aren't they wonderful!?!

purplemem 09-13-2010 02:05 AM

I'll try this too. Thanks for the new idea. A pain free day without more pills would be a blessing!

cjomomma 09-13-2010 05:08 AM

My DD does this for her monthly cramping and it helps.

KathyAire 09-13-2010 06:15 AM

I am a big fan of Espom salts. I think it is good for many ailments. It's a shame that I sometimes forget about it. As soon as I remember, I use it and it always works great.

amandasgramma 09-13-2010 06:24 AM

WOW! I'm going to the store and get some today!!!! Sounds wonderful! I used to use Epsom salts for a lot of things...including as fertilizer for houseplants...but had forgotten about it!!!

litacats 09-13-2010 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twilliebee
Thanks, Jade. I'll be trying this. As a fellow traveller down the fibro/CFS road, the words 'no pain' are like the Holy Grail............
Glad you got a pain free day. Aren't they wonderful!?!

thanks for the reminder. I have forgotten what it is like to have a pain free day. pain is a constance the only variation is the severity most days it is between 2-5 some days a 10 having CFS & FIBRO & NPD I don't get much respite from pain. it is just a case of keep going regardless I can't give into it or I would be bed ridden and i can't be bed ridden looking after mum and 45 cats and helping DH in the business and trying to quilt

nativetexan 09-13-2010 07:30 AM

my back is killing me today. wish i had some! the only trouble is i'd need someone to help get me up out of the bath tub!!!

dar627742 09-13-2010 08:45 AM

thank you for the tip!like all fibro& arthritis sufferers,am desperate to try anything that works!if nothingelse the relief of being in the tub helps! like many of you,i am a widow ,so getting in & out of the tub alone is too scary for me! i am lucky to have a whirlpool tub,but it is so dep it's hard to get i & out of w/o help,een w/all the bars.SO afraid of falling & breaking a hip[i'm 68] my bf is really great,but sometimes it's embarrassing having to ask.the only thing worse than getting old is the alternative !!!!!!!!!!
will surely try the epsom salt,tho.thanks for the tip
dar