Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   BFB (Black Friday Buys) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bfb-black-friday-buys-t29431.html)

DA Mayer 11-28-2009 06:31 AM

I went to Joann's Fabric and bought a bolt of batting for 1/2 off plus another 20%, 3 holiday entertainment books (our theme for X-mas gifts this year) a sew station- has grid markings, can press on it and it has pockets all around that hang over edge of sewing table- for 50% off, an easy cut ruler for 50% off and a ruler handle. the extra 20% was for the total purchase. Then I went to Hancock fabric and got rotary blades for 50% off, quilt stencil 50% off, pounce pad and chalk for 40% off and a large piece of foam to make a cushion at 50% off. I did get 2 other gifts for a nice price. I also found quilt calculators on clearance for $11. originally 39.99. I didn't find what I wanted at the very crowded stores which was nice because I didn't have to stand in line. I was able to drive to see my daughter and her new baby after shopping. I had all the shopping finished by 10:30 am. Fun time.

sandpat 11-28-2009 06:34 AM

Woohoo! Sounds like a great day and some really really good bargains!

amma 11-28-2009 03:32 PM

Sounds like a great shopping adventure with a very happy ending :D :D :D

Barbm 11-28-2009 04:20 PM

Went looking for a bolt of batting or a bolt of muslin. They just redid our Joann's- I couldn't find them.

So I wandered around, bought some thread and 6 fat quarters, rotary blades and sewing needles. Things I need all the time.

Came home and lined up my cones of thread. So how long will 8 cones of white thread last? And 3 of black, 2 of navy, and other colors. I better get sewing! (my sewing machine loves the overlock thread for $1.99- on sale for half off.)

I amazed myself- did not buy a yard of fabric!! I resisted- OK the lines at the cutting tables helped.

So, $50 lighter (oh, that's later) I came home with "stuff." But I needed it- all of it. yes, that's what I'm telling myself.

May in Jersey 11-28-2009 10:37 PM

I never shop on Black Friday but did this year at local Kohl's with granddaughter to buy her a present for her 13th B-day. She just received a big gift bag filled with red, white and black accessories; scrafs, cap, purse, etc. so we found a cute tailored black and white jacket to go with them. Coat was priced at 120, sale price 49.99 plus 15% off put it in my gift price range. Also saw boy's jackets for 14.99, and talked her brother into getting one, couldn't pass up the 12.75 price. My receipt said I saved 159.00, probably not true as I never by anything in Kohl's at list price. May in Jersey!

Quilt4u 12-01-2009 03:54 AM

Wow!!! Everyone got some nice things. My DH went and goy me my Kitchen-Aid mixer that I wanted for 3 years now. And we go my DGS all his presents. And the dogs toys. Now all we need is the dogs munchies.

Darlene 12-01-2009 04:03 AM

At Joann's on Sat I bought 2 pcs of the template plastic to make appliques, 3 different yds of fabric, a set of marking pencils,1 FQ, thread and a partridge in a pear tree. No!!! My receipt says I saved over $18.00.

amma 12-01-2009 10:53 AM

What great deals for you all!!!:D D: :D

Knot Sew 12-01-2009 11:46 AM

I love Kohls, I buy sales and they have them all the time..good quality stuff....I had the piggy flu so I can shop....shop....shop