Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Birthday on Mother's day this year! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/birthday-mothers-day-year-t19945.html)

mkanderson 05-10-2009 02:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My granddaughter is four years old today. As it is Mother's Day also we decided to have her "party" next weekend! But, just could not resist getting some cupcakes to have for today! (Elmo was on the top of them!) She got some presents today but the rest will come with the party!

peaceandjoy 05-10-2009 02:09 PM

She's darling! I miss those days.

Younger DD turned 18 today. A couple of weeks ago, she pitched a fit b/c she has to share her 18th b'day, it is supposed to be HER special day. :roll: I am SO ready for her to go to college...

Happy Mother's Day to the lucky Grandma!

mkanderson 05-10-2009 02:11 PM

Thank you! She is not old enough yet to throw a fit about having it on another day for the party! She seemed happy to get the cupcakes....I am just waiting LOL

Up North 05-10-2009 04:03 PM

My son was 22 today he was born on mother's day. Can't say it was how I wanted to spend mothers day but he was a beautiful baby! Everyone thought it was a great mother's day gift. Ya they didn't labor over him! I love him anyway!!LOL

amma 05-10-2009 11:00 PM

She looks like she is thoroughly enjoying her pre-birthday party :lol: :lol: :lol: She is a little cutie :D :D :D

sewjoyce 05-11-2009 05:42 AM

She is just a little cutie!!

Looks like she's REALLY enjoying that cupcake!!

shaverg 05-11-2009 08:20 AM

I was 57 on Mothers day.

I am not a mother, but I do miss my dear mother who died last year.

mkanderson 05-11-2009 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
My son was 22 today he was born on mother's day. Can't say it was how I wanted to spend mothers day but he was a beautiful baby! Everyone thought it was a great mother's day gift. Ya they didn't labor over him! I love him anyway!!LOL

I know what you mean there!! :shock:
Becca was born on a Friday but came up on Mother's Day this year. Her Mom (my youngest is 28) says that she will be the only one! No chance to having the "present" again...................We will see! :D

mkanderson 05-11-2009 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
She is just a little cutie!!

Looks like she's REALLY enjoying that cupcake!!

She sure did.....cake all over the place! Came in the den and said... Nana look at my face! .............had an icing beard all over her face!!! I had already put up the camera and her Mom washed it ff before I could get it out again! :(

mkanderson 05-11-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg
I was 57 on Mothers day.

I am not a mother, but I do miss my dear mother who died last year.

I do hope you had a great birthday! And I would sing to you (and all the others too) but that would not be for a very "happy" birthday!!! LOL :oops:

I lost my Mom years ago (1987)