Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Blizzard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/blizzard-t85511.html)

Roberta 12-27-2010 11:41 AM

Anyone else in the middle of a blizzard this afternoon? It's been snowing since yesterday evening, winds howling and not fit for man nor beast out there.

My poor old dog has heart problems and we have to keep clearing off the back deck so she can go out and right in before the wind takes her breath away. That is, when we can get her to go out.

Luv Quilts and Cats 12-27-2010 11:44 AM

Our snow had ended, but the wind and gray skies continue. Hard to believe we did not have a white Christmas, only to get dumped on 2 days later. I didn't go in to work today. My new job takes me out of town and it was just too windy and snowy this morning to chance it. I like winter, but not snow.

beachlady 12-27-2010 11:51 AM

Still snowing in the lakes region too. Winds blow so hard it is like a total white out! Pretty though. Is China Maine up by Augusta?

Our dog is only 3 and just loves playing in the snow.

Murphy 12-27-2010 12:18 PM

Stopped snowing in Iowa now and we have a bit of sunshine, but not supposed to stay. No snow in forecast in forseeable future, but maybe rain (what?). Is this a crazy year or what.

pinecone 12-27-2010 12:23 PM

All cleared out here for now. Blowing and drifting still. I changed my Dad's Dr. appt in Laconia for a different day. He is over an hour away, on a good day.

piney

maidmirian 12-27-2010 12:27 PM

Still snowing here in maine. I did'nt work today, stay home and warm with hubby

littlehud 12-27-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Stopped snowing in Iowa now and we have a bit of sunshine, but not supposed to stay. No snow in forecast in forseeable future, but maybe rain (what?). Is this a crazy year or what.

I know what you mean. I saw rain in the forecast and yelled WHAT. Ours is to be followed with snow. Yuck

hannajo 12-27-2010 12:53 PM

Our snow stopped by the time we woke up this morning. But when the wind gusts, it looks as though it's snowing sideways with the snow drifting. We're all shoveled out, so now I hope we don't wake up with big snow drifts against our house and cars again.

Lizzytish 12-27-2010 12:56 PM

Seems the snow finally stopped in western MA but boy is it windy. Sound really a sty out there.

mim 12-27-2010 01:30 PM

My location says Maine but right now I am in the panhandle of Florida. I can see that it is still storming in Maine because my neighbor has a weather web cam and I can see the snow coming down.

Originally Posted by Roberta
Anyone else in the middle of a blizzard this afternoon? It's been snowing since yesterday evening, winds howling and not fit for man nor beast out there.

My poor old dog has heart problems and we have to keep clearing off the back deck so she can go out and right in before the wind takes her breath away. That is, when we can get her to go out.