Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bought my first camcorder today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bought-my-first-camcorder-today-t134825.html)

Rhonda 07-02-2011 07:48 PM

I accidentally knocked my camera off on the floor a few months ago. I was so upset with myself! The lens was out when it fell and it pushed the lens in on one side. I tried everything they said to do to fix it short of taking it to be fixed.

So I borrowed a camera from my DD and a couple of days ago it quit working! I have to have a camera to do my tutorials and to take pics of my Doll Quilts and other swap stuff!!! LOL

So today I finally was able to go buy a new camera. I went in thinking I would spend XX amt of $$. I found a camcorder and decided to upgrade. It was at the top of my $$ range but they didnt' have any!! So I went one more upgrade up and few more $$ but worth it.

I have had people ask me if I do my tutorials in videos. So now I had that in mind when I chose a camera. I decided to go for it and see what I can do.

I came home and now I am reasonably good with electonics but there is so much to learn on this thing!!! LOL I got a Sony HandyCam. I am loving it so far but I still have to figure out all the menus and all the gadgets!! I love that it has builtin memory and built in USB cord. I can use a memory card or not as I choose.

I am so anxious to see how the pictures turn out. Let alone any videos. I have struggled both with DDs camera and the last two cameras I had trying to get decent looking pictures. They always seem to come out dark or yellow. Part of that is my lighting and I know I need to work on that.

So I have a new toy to figure out!! I am sooo excited!!
Hopefully my next tutes will have better pictures!!

Prism99 07-02-2011 09:52 PM

Congratulations! Have fun with it!

Painiacs 07-03-2011 02:41 AM

Have a great time!!

sweet 07-03-2011 04:21 AM

How exciting! Hope the learning curve is very easy for you and looking forward to watching your videos!!!!

sawsan 07-03-2011 10:52 PM

Congrats,my camera is Sony it's wonderful but i have to change batteries every 10- 15 shots find no solution till now
Waiting 4 new pics

np3 07-11-2011 03:13 PM

Rhonda, I think that is so exciting! Can video tutes be posted on here or do they have to be on YouTube?

Rhonda 07-11-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by np3
Rhonda, I think that is so exciting! Can video tutes be posted on here or do they have to be on YouTube?

I'm not sure. That is something to ask the techs I guess. I see they have video ads now. So will have to find out. I am not quite ready to do a video yet but I am planning to try. I still have to figure out the photo part first! I can take shots but I have the hardest time getting it set for taking pictures. It is touch screen and the menu is confusing. I will figure it out soon! At first I couldn't figure out how to download using the internal memory and the built in usb. I still can't do that but I have figured out how to use the SD card with it. I can download that way but the pics and videos I did on the internal memory still elude me as to how to download it or copy it to the memory card. I can't find any button or function that will do this. I may call the company and see if I can find someone who can walk me through it.