Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bounce dryer BAR - thumbs UP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bounce-dryer-bar-thumbs-up-t195355.html)

DogHouseMom 07-22-2012 05:43 AM

Bounce dryer BAR - thumbs UP

My husband spotted it in the store and we had to try it.

Bound dryer bar. You stick the plastic holder to the inside wall of your dryer and snap in the refillable Bounce Bar.

I've been using the same bar for several months now and it's still a long way off from needing to be replaced.

I like the idea of not forgetting to put a dryer sheet in, and not finding dryer sheets in my clothing or bed sheets when I'm done, and of course I'm not filling a land-fill with dozens of sheets a week (I've always used two sheets for each load - one was never enough).

Overall ... I believe it leaves more of a scent on my laundry as well. I'm scent sensitive, but this is not an overwhelming or unpleasant scent. If you are very scent sensitive (allergies?) check to see if they have it in unscented.

I also think that it is doing a better job of controlling static ESPECIALLY for that load of clothes that you 'forgot' and ran through the dryer a second time to remove the wrinkles - no problems there at all (and I frequently forget a load in the dryer!).

It has lasted a long time, I'm definitely going to see a cost improvement - albeit minor (every penny counts right?).

I have noticed that the bar will attract the lint from the clothes and will appear discolored from it, this has not proved to be a problem with the performance.

All in all ... I don't think I'll ever buy the sheets again!!! I'm SOLD.

chips88 07-22-2012 06:05 AM

never tried the bounce dryer bar . i will have to try it out. and true about keeping out the land-fills..:thumbup:

Scissor Queen 07-22-2012 06:25 AM

You don't have the option to not use it on certain loads though. I never use softener on towels because it makes them water repellent instead of absorbent.

hikingquilter 07-22-2012 06:58 AM

We have been using the dryer bar for months now. You can snap it out for loads you do not want to use it for, such as when pre-washing new fabric for quilting, and then snap it back in for when you do.

QuiltnNan 07-22-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen (Post 5384356)
You don't have the option to not use it on certain loads though. I never use softener on towels because it makes them water repellent instead of absorbent.

this was my first thought, as well. when i get a new box of softener sheets, i cut them all in half. 1/2 sheet is plenty for most loads. once in a while, I'll use 2 halves.

luvTooQuilt 07-22-2012 09:33 AM

I love it... Tried it when they first came out.. One bar last a long time and YES they are removable and can be snapped in again... I do not remove it when drying towels - no difference in my fluffy soft towels not adsorbing water .... My towels are super thick spa extra large towels... The bar is the best IMHO ...

TWO thumbs up here !!

nannyrick 07-22-2012 10:00 AM

They are great!!! I've been using these for almost a year and will never go back to the sheets.

KalamaQuilts 07-22-2012 10:57 AM

I've been trying it since March, still tons of it left.
I find if I have a lot of polys I need to add a dry sheet to keep from getting the sucks when wearing the items :)
And it left chalky marks on my husbands black dockers, which wiped off with a hot washcloth.
I didn't realize they snapped out, brilliant.

Latrinka 07-22-2012 04:40 PM

Haven't tried one yet. Have a ton of sheets to use up first.

Jingle 07-22-2012 06:07 PM

I only use the sheets in the winter to help with static cling.