Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Breast Cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/breast-cancer-t201990.html)

lorraine43 10-02-2012 09:03 PM

29 years for me !! It's hard to believe it's been that long but God,family and friends got me through and of course quilting. You are all in my thoughts. Lorraine:)

Gabrielle's Mimi 10-02-2012 11:02 PM

It will be 12 years at Thanksgiving for me. Congrats to all the survivors! Prayers and love go out to those still fighting. Isn't it wonderful how many survivors we meet now?

klutzyquilter 10-03-2012 01:05 AM

I too am a BC survivor ... one year and six months. Have had annual mammograms for 25 years. My case was somewhat unique ... diagnosed w/metastatic BC but there was no cancer in the breast. My immune system had pushed it out to lymph nodes. That was scary ... 34 cancerous nodes removed ... PET and CAT scans revealed no cancer elsewhere in my body .... Hooray ... didn't have to go through Chemo and Radiation. Taking medication ...probably for the rest of my life ... but at age 74 I couldn't be happier.

barri1 10-03-2012 02:42 AM

Am so not looking forward to my mammo on Oct 17, but willdo it anyway.

jeaninmaine 10-03-2012 06:18 AM

9 yrs and going strong.

maryb44662 10-03-2012 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by klutzyquilter (Post 5558513)
I too am a BC survivor ... one year and six months. Have had annual mammograms for 25 years. My case was somewhat unique ... diagnosed w/metastatic BC but there was no cancer in the breast. My immune system had pushed it out to lymph nodes. That was scary ... 34 cancerous nodes removed ... PET and CAT scans revealed no cancer elsewhere in my body .... Hooray ... didn't have to go through Chemo and Radiation. Taking medication ...probably for the rest of my life ... but at age 74 I couldn't be happier.

GOD IS GOOD!!!! Congratulations and I am happy that there was no spreading. Take care..

Nell Dwyer 10-03-2012 01:40 PM

My mom died of Breast Cancer-NOT me, I have had an annual mammogram since the age of 30, and don't regret it at all early detection is the key, and the tight squeeze reminds us all, as soon as the tech releases the machine-"It's over" and you get the results mostly right away from the tech, if there is a problem, they take another exam, and the Radiologist will send you a beautiful card or letter in the mail, putting your mind at ease.

Rose_P 10-03-2012 10:15 PM

I am old enough to have lost several dear friends over the years to this terrible disease, and lucky enough to have some other friends who have fought the battle successfully. This is terribly important, people. Don't let distractions and excuses get in the way of doing what you can to keep yourself safe, and remind your loved ones.

nstitches4u 10-04-2012 09:31 AM

I just made my appointment. My sister and my mother both had breast cancer, so this is one appointment I always keep. Thanks for the reminder.