Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bridal-shower-gift-wedding-gift-t203865.html)

Twisted Quilter 10-21-2012 12:41 PM

Bridal Shower Gift/Wedding Gift ??

Being of a certain age, I should know the answer to this question...but I don't. :D I have always only purchased a wedding gift as I never attended a bridal shower. My question is, can I shop from the wedding registry for the bridal shower gift or should it be something more personal for the bride.

This isn't for a relative or close friend, just somebody I happen to know. There wasn't anything on her list for less than $40 other than 2 hand towels or a toilet seat cover. So I purchased the towels. I plan on going to Michael's to buy some cute ribbon to tie around them, add a candle or soaps in a cute little dish and decorate with the same ribbon. Does this sound okay?

Thoughts and opinions please.

kensington 10-21-2012 12:54 PM

Yes, many many people now shop off of the registry for the shower. Unless it was specified it was a personal shower, you certainly can shop that way. It seems like a very nice gift.

NikkiLu 10-21-2012 04:16 PM

Sounds fine to me too!

Twisted Quilter 10-22-2012 10:07 AM

Thanks ladies, guess I'll go out and find my ribbon and candle/soaps. :thumbup:

wanda lou 10-22-2012 08:19 PM

sounds perfect to me.

solstice3 10-23-2012 05:09 AM

sounds great to me. I use the wedding registry for shower gifts.... that way I tend to get something they want rather than something I think they need or would like...saves them the hassle of returning things

Caswews 10-23-2012 05:15 AM

What a great idea !!

Karen1956 10-23-2012 05:21 AM

When I go to showers, I bring a laundry basket with food staples. I know it's expensive, but all the brides have loved it. I put in a 5lb. bag of flour, 5 lb. bag of sugar, a small can of coffee, a box of salt and pepper, if I've found some pretty dish towels, I'll throw that in, a roll of paper towels, some trash bags, a can opener, just little things to get them started. You can make it as large or as small as you like.

KathyM 10-23-2012 05:22 AM

I had a Bridal Shower Oct 1, made a Halloween Tablerunner, they are getting married Dec 1 making a Christmas center piece and have a candleholder and candle to go with it. The Halloween runner was a hit at the shower

coopah 10-23-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by KathyM (Post 5606024)
I had a Bridal Shower Oct 1, made a Halloween Tablerunner, they are getting married Dec 1 making a Christmas center piece and have a candleholder and candle to go with it. The Halloween runner was a hit at the shower

We were married Dec. 19. My favorite gift was a Christmas centerpiece. We used it for years. It was our first holiday decoration. We received plenty of "normal" stuff, but the holiday item was thoughtful.