Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   the calm before the storm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calm-before-storm-t148449.html)

Moon Holiday 08-28-2011 03:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's how the sky looked Saturday evening in the north country, awaiting Irene's arrival.

Lisanne 08-28-2011 03:55 AM

That's beautiful. Hope all in the north country are okay. Don't they say "Red sky at night, sailor's delight?"

LoriEl 08-28-2011 03:56 AM

Beautiful sight. So far she hasn't been too mean to us in NJ. Mostly rain without a lot of wind. Hope that's it!

mcdaniel023 08-28-2011 04:05 AM

Beautiful pic.

RenaB 08-28-2011 04:08 AM

Scary, but beautiful! I love and respect nature.

Moon Holiday 08-28-2011 04:19 AM

I thought the same thing, so that is what I'm hoping is the case. Actually, I don't expect much more than a lot of rain and some small amount of wind (we are in a valley that is usually pretty protected from major storms). My biggest concern here (as in some other states) is the over-saturated land from all the rain we've had... so I worry about trees coming down, and road washouts more than anything else. A storm in early June destroyed many roads in the surrounding area and we ended up on a 2 hour detour just to to go visit my granddaughter. (usually a 20 minute drive).

Morningcoffeegal 08-28-2011 04:27 AM

Beautiful pic! I'm in southwest PA protected by mountains and for the past 2 hrs we are experiencing alot of wind trees swaying the rain has atleast stopped for now. Can't even imagine what the winds are like on the coast. Stay safe & out of harms way!

blueangel 08-28-2011 04:35 AM

Beautiful site

Moon Holiday 08-29-2011 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
Here's how the sky looked Saturday evening in the north country, awaiting Irene's arrival.

Well I am sitting here with egg on my face.... my friend Eileen sent me the photo and said her husband Brian took it late Saturday, but I just heard from her that he actually took the photo at sunrise on Sunday..... she says she feels like a ditz for not realizing when it was taken.... well so do I. Regardless, we really lucked out.... we got lots of rain, very little wind until Irene was north of us, then he wind howled. No news yet about the back roads of our town but here in the downtown, we had no problems.

LoriEl 08-29-2011 01:28 PM

Well I am sitting here with egg on my face.... my friend Eileen sent me the photo and said her husband Brian took it late Saturday, but I just heard from her that he actually took the photo at sunrise on Sunday..... she says she feels like a ditz for not realizing when it was taken.... well so do I. Regardless, we really lucked out.... we got lots of rain, very little wind until Irene was north of us, then he wind howled. No news yet about the back roads of our town but here in the downtown, we had no problems.

It's still a pretty picture no matter when it was taken!