Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Can't leave Ebay feedback? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cant-leave-ebay-feedback-t149248.html)

AlwaysQuilting 08-31-2011 04:12 AM

I just received a book I bought on ebay. I typed the feedback, clicked on the button, and got a message that I couldn't leave feedback because the item number couldn't be found. ???
I've never had this happen before. So I clicked on a button to review the order, it still shows up with the date I bought it, item number,etc.
I clicked on "Leave Feedback" again and it says there are no orders needing feedback.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I wonder how many feedbacks I've never received because this happened to my buyer.

ptquilts 08-31-2011 04:19 AM

does it show up in your "My Ebay" page? there should be link there to leave FB.

annthreecats 08-31-2011 04:22 AM

Maybe you left feedback on this item previously by mistake. I know that sometimes I have a few items waiting for feedback and I have to be careful which one I click. Can you check the Seller's feedback and see if there is any from you recently?

AlwaysQuilting 08-31-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Maybe you left feedback on this item previously by mistake. I know that sometimes I have a few items waiting for feedback and I have to be careful which one I click. Can you check the Seller's feedback and see if there is any from you recently?

No I never leave feedback before I receive the item and this book just arrived yesterday afternoon. So I haven't already left feedback before trying it just now.

AlwaysQuilting 08-31-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
does it show up in your "My Ebay" page? there should be link there to leave FB.

Yes it shows up but there is no "leave feedback" button, as though I'd already done it. Strange.

lee_stitches 08-31-2011 07:57 AM

Same thing happened to me recently. Never figured it out.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-31-2011 08:38 AM

It's happened to me once or twice in quite a few years. I don't know why either. Some kind of glitch I think.

jljack 08-31-2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
It's happened to me once or twice in quite a few years. I don't know why either. Some kind of glitch I think.

Me too...anything completely electronic is bound to have a glitch over time. I wouldn't worry about it.

AlwaysQuilting 08-31-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Me too...anything completely electronic is bound to have a glitch over time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sounds as though it's happened before to others. I've given up trying. It's too bad though because I like to give feedback for good sellers.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-31-2011 05:53 PM

You know what you could do? Email the seller, explain your dilemma and let them know they were good. Selling is a lot of work on Ebay and I think it would be nice for that seller to know. JMO :)