Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Chase Bank Scam ALERT! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/chase-bank-scam-alert-t69336.html)

amandasgramma 10-10-2010 07:20 AM

I just wanted to warn you all. I just received a notice that my Chase Bank account was in trouble...someone had tried to access it....and to respond to the e-mail. Well, I forwarded the e-mail to Chase's e-mail scam center............I don't HAVE a Chase account! So if you receive an e-mail...do NOT respond to it!!!! If you have an account at Chase and get the letter, forward the e-mail on to "[email protected]."........DO NOT GET TAKEN IN BY THESE THIEVES!!!! :x

craftybear 10-10-2010 07:23 AM

thanks for letting us know, we all need to be safe and let others know about problems we find online

ptquilts 10-10-2010 07:27 AM

any emails you get that purport to be from banks, Paypal or credit cards, DO NOT click on any links in the emails. Go to another window or tab and go to the bank or cc web site from your favorites list or the way you normally get to it.

CarrieAnne 10-10-2010 07:27 AM

Thanks for the tip!

nativetexan 10-10-2010 08:06 AM

Citi Bank too in the past. i don't click on links. i go straight to the site and from there see if anything needs to be done on my account. usually it is a fake email.

ptquilts 10-10-2010 08:34 AM

If you have any doubt, you can hover your mouse over the link and down at the bottom of your window you will see the site it is going to take you to. Most of them are in foreign countries.

debbieumphress 10-10-2010 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Why can't these people be caught. With today's technology and sattelites etc, they should. I had one order a computer online and they had the addres to ship to. My thought is go see where it is and who has it. Oh well, so much for technolgy. So sad. I don't answer any scam mail or paypal etc. Just delete it. And they are sneaky. Put just enough words to make you want to open it. Nope. Delete.

Delete..delete..delete......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111298[/ATTACH]

jbud2 10-10-2010 09:55 AM

We got TWO calls at 4:30 AM - AM!!! - with automated password account numbers, and they left the message on our answering machine. My husband is asking me over and and over - do we have Chase accounts? I said well I think we would have to call to request these numbers - I didn't call, did you? At 4:30AM, I don't even know the name on my computer!! He unplugged the phone so it stopped at just 2 calls. The next day he called the number given if these aren't your accounts. He was on hold forever and finally hung up. Anyone, if these are your accounts, I have no idea what the numbers were and I deleted the messages from the phone.

amma 10-10-2010 10:05 AM

Many bank's names are being used in these scams... if people would quit giving out their info, they would stop :wink:
So, don't open any emails, forward them to the appropriate institution, and stay safe :D:D:D

cjomomma 10-10-2010 10:19 AM

I get those for every major that there is. I just laugh and say how stupid do they think I am.