Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Chicken neck! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/chicken-neck-t83471.html)

MaryKatherine 12-17-2010 11:31 AM

I wear trifocals..ugh..hate them. And I think that's why I get such a pain in the back of my neck. I find myself cocking my head forward so I can see through the bottom third of my glasses. Every once in a while I half to stop for the pain and do yoga or other twists to relax everything. I start out I think with the correct posture but then next thing you know I'm a chicken neck again. Ouch!

Murphy 12-17-2010 11:33 AM

Sorry to hear this, but as least it allows you to practice yoga (tongue in cheek). I think I am headed for the trifocal brigade so hopefully it will go well. Merry Christmas and be glad for the blessing that you can see :thumbup:

stewyscrewy 12-17-2010 11:38 AM

I have them also.. hate the chicken neck... I went and got new glasses minus the tri and back into bi and had the tri/lowest made into whole lense pair of glasses. works great for me. It sure has imprved my longarming as well.

QazyQltr 12-17-2010 11:39 AM

I find bifocals hard enough to deal with!! I have to take them off to see up close. :-(

goonberrie 12-17-2010 12:02 PM

Girls! Check @ Wal-Mart, Sams, etc. and get your desired prescription (the one that causes 'chicken-neck' in a cheapie frame of single Rx and hide @ sewing machine, used to be $30 to $50, if you have old frames, sometimes you can get just lenses. Cheaper than a chiropractor, or frustration over not being able to sew. Maybe it could help.

amma 12-17-2010 12:03 PM

I have bifocals, don't know that I could deal with tri's...
no matter what I am doing, I have to stop and stretch more often as the years go by :D:D:D

irishrose 12-17-2010 12:23 PM

I have a pair of computer glasses - a pair with the single correction needed for the distance and angle of a computer screen to my face. They work for the sewing machine, too, but not for walking around. It's a great idea. Five minutes here in regular bifocal glasses and my neck hurts - never with the computer ones.

It's nice having a daughter working for an eye doctor.

carhop 12-17-2010 12:24 PM

i have the graduating ones and don't know i am wearing them even my DH hade them and loved them

MinnieKat 12-17-2010 12:28 PM

I had to get trifocals too ... or progressive lenses as they are now called. No matter what I do I cannot get adjusted to them. I'm always tipping my head and like you I get such a pain in my neck!!! I had a pair of computer glasses made, so I either use them or take off my glasses completely.

amandasgramma 12-17-2010 12:43 PM

Just a thought --- I used to wear trifocals (had surgery - YIPPEE) and when I'd do close work, I'd set my regular glasses aside and wear reading glasses I got from the drug store. Made it hard to see TV but worked for the really close stuff.