Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cleaning up my PM's and emails.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cleaning-up-my-pms-emails-t162803.html)

watterstide 10-24-2011 06:27 AM

i swear,when i am done, i am going to need to defrag!

i had 4 pages of PM's sent
and 3 pages of PM's in my inbox.. yikees!

now i am working on my emails..

Do you get rid of them right away or do you tend to hang on to them all?

i usually am pretty anal about keeping my inbox cleaned up..but this month, it got away from me!

Treasureit 10-24-2011 06:30 AM

I have folders with emails in them from years ago. They are all legal emails or family feud emails that I may need some day! I have to laugh thinking about it, but they are really important!!

QuiltnNan 10-24-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
I have folders with emails in them from years ago. They are all legal emails or family feud emails that I may need some day! I have to laugh thinking about it, but they are really important!!

i could have written this :)

cjomomma 10-24-2011 06:33 AM

I clean my emails out daily but the Pm's are out of control.

icon17 10-24-2011 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

i usually am pretty anal about keeping my inbox cleaned up..but this month, it got away from me!

I try to Clean them up as they go, or as a topic has completed in my boxes, if theres some thing I need I make a note in my buddy list.

bluteddi 10-24-2011 08:22 AM

some I clean right away, some I let linger.. other just stagnate near the bottom.......

It really depends on my mood for the day...

fayzer 10-24-2011 08:43 AM

I keep important email and my PM's. I can't tell you how many times I have gone back to refer to them.

jaciqltznok 10-24-2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit

put them on a thumb drive and empty them from your computer, they are only taking up space and should there be a crash, they might not recoverable if they are more than 2 years old!

watterstide 10-24-2011 09:18 AM

How do you use the buddy list and why,or what does it do for you? i think that is the only thing i don't use.

Originally Posted by icon17

Originally Posted by watterstide

I try to Clean them up as they go, or as a topic has completed in my boxes, if theres some thing I need I make a note in my buddy list.

Tropical 10-24-2011 09:29 AM

I tend to keep mine for a while. I like to refer back to them when answering. They are mostly from my children and grandchildren. I usually try to clean up my inbox at night when I can't sleep. That gives me a chance to reread the old ones so can see if there is anything I want an update on or just to comment on some nice memory. :) Others I tend to delete right away.