Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Confessions of a Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/confessions-quilter-t218207.html)

francie yuhas 04-04-2013 07:15 PM

I mix hand and machine quilting on the same quilt. Obviously I'm not a competition quilter.

toolazy 04-04-2013 07:28 PM

I too sew over pins.

Iron? What's an iron? Got 10 fingers for anything that needs flattening a bit, don't have to wait for them to heat up, don't have to unplug them ....

I use my carpenter's L and T-square instead of the quilters' rulers. If I could figure out how to use my mitre box for sewing, I probably would .....

I don't think giving a quilt to a dog is a bad thing. At all.

DebbieJJ 04-05-2013 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy T. (Post 5977238)
I just looked at the dust in my house and went upstairs to sew anyway ...
PS You guys are a hoot!

Me too...My DH said that we need to clean house because HE'S ashamed of it! I told him to go ahead, but leave my stuff alone. (Actually it's not that bad, we have a path to the kitchen, bathrooms, and tv :D)

alikat110 04-05-2013 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5977366)
If I have a wavy border I sew dart in it where the fullness is before sewing it to the quilt.

Me, too......

Geri B 04-05-2013 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by coastienest (Post 5978505)
I can't sew until all my housework is done. Is there something wrong with me?

If that was my rule...I would never get to sew!

deedum 04-05-2013 04:47 AM

You all are a hoot!
Me, I got more machines than I know what to do with. Tucked in cabinets and closets everywhere or so it seems.
I do sew over pins, my old Singers like it that way.
I rarely cook anymore or clean house, as I would rather play in my sewing room. Luckily, dh does all that since he is retired and I am still working.

plainpat 04-05-2013 05:17 AM

Same here,cause I always had company on a "leave the mess day".

I can sew for 2-3days & just close the door on the mess.Then I have to clean the sewing room before sewing more.
Weird :D I know.

Originally Posted by coastienest (Post 5978505)
I can't sew until all my housework is done. Is there something wrong with me?

Jeannette51 04-05-2013 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 5977376)
BellaBoo that is a prizewinner! Wonderful. My little great grandaughter wrote in the dust under my TV. Think I'll leave it there.

Hahaha, I tell people it is okay to write in my dust, just don't date it.

orangeroom 04-05-2013 06:08 AM

I never wash my fabrics before piecing.
I throw out scraps from my finished projects.
I REALLY don't need more quilting books!

BuzzinBumble 04-05-2013 06:28 AM

Love these! it feels good to know i'm not the only one who is quilty as charged.
My confessions? I sometimes fantasize about selling most of my stash... Having too many quilts planned makes me feel pressured... I am often afraid of regular piecing and try to devise a way to turn almost every pattern into paper piecing... I avoid hand sewing because I have no patience and do it poorly. Even though it doesn't sound like it, I love quilting. ;)