Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Contacts or Glasses? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/contacts-glasses-t50344.html)

mms61371 06-19-2010 07:57 AM

I have wore contacts most of my adult life. I absolutely love them. But lately I have found that I can see better and clearer if I put my glasses on. Especially when I am sewing and piecing. My seams seem to match up better and my pints are more sharp. I was just wondering if anyone else had this same issue. I know as we get older our eyesight seems to get worse for reading. My husband had lasik done 3 years ago and he needs reading glasses for anything up close. I will be going to the eye doctor this week. Hopefully he will be able to answer this question once and for all. :-)

Judy_M 06-19-2010 08:03 AM

I have worn glasses since 5th grade. I had cataract surgery last year, 62 yo, Now I just need glasses for reading and close work.

amma 06-19-2010 08:10 AM

It sounds like you are on the brink of needing reading glasses... I had the same problem a few years ago and the eye doc confirmed it.

The funny thing was, I could see better up close without my contacts/glasses than with them :roll:

Up North 06-19-2010 08:13 AM

I tried contacts but my eyes were to dry and they kept flipping on me I hated putting drops in all the time. Went back to glasses but now have bifocals couldn't see with the bifocal contacts.

Janetlmt 06-19-2010 08:16 AM

I have worn contacts for 25 years..and I love them. I do find that I have to have readers when doing close work. But..I to find that I see better with the glasses. I just wear contacts when I am going out..glasses at home. My glasses are bifocals. You may need bifocals..!

jetnica 06-19-2010 08:29 AM

LASIK!!! I will need either glasses or another surgery again in a few years, but starting over on the perscription scale is ok w me.

amandasgramma 06-19-2010 08:35 AM

Lasik surgery here, too!!!! LOVE it! Would do it again even if I had to sell my first-born!!!

Butterflyspain 06-19-2010 08:35 AM

Possibley you just need stronger contact lenses. A higher prescription.

I wore contacts for years, loved them

Jim's Gem 06-19-2010 08:48 AM

I have worn soft contact lenses since 1974. I got them as a gift when I graduated from Jr High.
I have thought about Lasik but......... I dont know. I can read pretty good with my contacts but last night I noticed after I had taken them out I had my glasses on and was reading a quilting magazine and I could read a little better with them slid just slightly down my nose.

thismomquilts 06-19-2010 08:48 AM

I wear contacts/readers all day every day (readers just needed recently) and glasses at night. I found the same thing you did - readers fixed it. The eye doctor told me to stay away from bifocals as long as I can.