Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   cubicle challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cubicle-challenge-t76153.html)

laurac 11-13-2010 01:10 PM

this is so not about quilting.
i work in a large cubicle with two other people. we spend lots of time on the phone and the computer. unfortunately our cube is close to the printer and everybody wants to stop in our open doorway and chat.
the walls are tall but not up to the ceiling and no door or way to put in a door.
can you think of a way to put something up that could screen us from the copier area?''

you're a crafty and innovative bunch so i thought you might have some ideas!

bearisgray 11-13-2010 01:13 PM

Tape signs on your backs saying "Do Not Disturb" - the BOSS is watching!

starshine 11-13-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by laurac
this is so not about quilting.
i work in a large cubicle with two other people. we spend lots of time on the phone and the computer. unfortunately our cube is close to the printer and everybody wants to stop in our open doorway and chat.
the walls are tall but not up to the ceiling and no door or way to put in a door.
can you think of a way to put something up that could screen us from the copier area?''

you're a crafty and innovative bunch so i thought you might have some ideas!

We are each in our own individual cubes but one woman who found it too distracting to have people just walking past put up one of those tri-fold room dividers so that 2 of the panels cover the opening. One can still step in in the area not covered. You could maybe try that with a do not disturb unless urgent or whatever.

cjomomma 11-13-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Tape signs on your backs saying "Do Not Disturb" - the BOSS is watching!

LOL!!! that's a great one!!

Spudgm 11-13-2010 01:28 PM

You could hang a quilt on the door but then they may want to stop and talk about the quilt LOL

KathyAire 11-13-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Spudgm
You could hang a quilt on the door but then they may want to stop and talk about the quilt LOL

It's okay to stop with quilt talk, it's that other stuff that is bothersome. :roll:

nativetexan 11-13-2010 02:34 PM

i had an office right next to an Exit sigh. everyone stopped there to talk. luckily i had a door, i shut it!
not sure what you can do that would be allowed.

laurac 11-13-2010 03:02 PM

might try the screen, i happen to have one so it would cost me anything.
thought about "hippie beads" but don't know how i would be able to keep them in place with no frame at the top of the cube.

Ditter43 11-13-2010 03:50 PM

Put a fake camera up with a sign about loitering around the copier being monitored, or something similar.Probably should run that by the office manager! :lol: :lol:

charmpacksplus 11-13-2010 04:24 PM

Ask to transfer to another cubicle the next time one becomes available.