Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Daughter back home (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/daughter-back-home-t56909.html)

diannemc 07-30-2010 03:06 AM

It has been a while since I have been on here and have missed it!...My computer broke...I am using my DD...My oldest DD moved back home last night..I know it wasn't something she really wanted to do after living on her own...but she graduated in May and can't find a job...we just can't afford to keep paying her rent and living expenses...Finding a job is not easy for the kids that are job hunting!! Of course I love it!

CarrieAnne 07-30-2010 03:32 AM

Gld you are back!!!!!!!!!
My DD has been job hunting all Summer with no luck too!

reneebobby 07-30-2010 04:42 AM

Same here mine is going back to college and getting her masters now since there are no jobs out there right now. I told her get her masters and get the he$$out of Cleveland. hehehe

sewgull 07-30-2010 05:08 AM

She may have to look outside her field inorder to make ends meet. Hope she can find a job, good ones are hard to come-by.

susie0808 07-30-2010 05:30 AM

Glad your back!! Yes it's difficult for kids finding work in their fields. Any job is better than no job. And they can still look in the meantime.

I'm all for them leaving the state! Then I have a place to visit!

Deb watkins 07-30-2010 06:11 AM

My (25)daughter moved home just over a year ago, and what an adjustment we all had to make. She has two boys 6 & 3, and from just a quiet house to a rambuncious one was really hard. She had no job, just got one 7 weeks ago. This has made a tremendous improvement in the house, but I am still tired watching the boys during summer vacation. It is fun with the kids, but it is so exhausting. I find myself so tired that I cannot sleep (strange) so lately I have not even been able to sew. My mind wanders and I make errors that need to be ripped out. I find that I sew once, rip, sew again, rip again......At least I know she and the boys are safe.

cherylynne 07-30-2010 02:52 PM

My daughter graduated with a teaching degree 2 years ago. She has had 2 different positions and just this spring her contract wasn't renewed due to reduction in force again. Life is stressful for them.

hobo2000 07-30-2010 03:11 PM

They are begging for people in the DC area. Government is hiring 120,000 people within the next year, many businesses are moving into the Fairfax, VA area and looking for people. I keep telling people to go where the jobs are.

deirdre ann 07-30-2010 03:30 PM

thats the reason we're moving to Australia - jobs & opportunities! oh, and sunshine too! lol!

littlehud 07-30-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
My (25)daughter moved home just over a year ago, and what an adjustment we all had to make. She has two boys 6 & 3, and from just a quiet house to a rambuncious one was really hard. She had no job, just got one 7 weeks ago. This has made a tremendous improvement in the house, but I am still tired watching the boys during summer vacation. It is fun with the kids, but it is so exhausting. I find myself so tired that I cannot sleep (strange) so lately I have not even been able to sew. My mind wanders and I make errors that need to be ripped out. I find that I sew once, rip, sew again, rip again......At least I know she and the boys are safe.

I know what you mean. When my oldest moved home with 11 month DGD (dad was tired of being a dad :thumbdown: ) my wonderful quiet house was so different. Now here we are six years later and I can't imagine the house without her.