Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Direct TV Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/direct-tv-question-t182100.html)

Joanne9of12 03-08-2012 02:13 PM

Direct TV Question

My husband and I are trying to make an educated decision on whether or not to switch to Direct TV from our current cable plan. If you have or have had Direct TV, we would appreciate hearing your pros and cons. Thanks in advance and happy quilting!

Sunnie 03-08-2012 02:20 PM

We switched 2 1/2 years ago and it was the smartest move we ever made. Much more reliable than our cable company and although a bit more expensive we get an enormous amount of channels. We also added whole house dvr which is awesome.

dallasstar 03-08-2012 02:24 PM

We have directv and have had it for about ten years. We really do like directv. The customer service is great. Even if you might have a question about just your tv, they can answer and fix. They are always available on the phone to step you through a problem. We have had very few problems that were actually their problem. They have some good stations to watch. As you probably agree, there are not many good progams on network stations. WE watch, Hallmark, GMC, God cannel a lot.

Anyway, I would recommend directv to all.

Good luck and if you decide to go with directv I will give you my acct. # and we each get $50. or #100. for you signing up.

Jingle 03-08-2012 02:55 PM

We had it for a very long time, when I got a computer I got tired of dial up and Tel. company did not have DSL in our area. I switched to cable company, so I just switched everything to cable. Had lots of problems with Tel. and TV, never with internet. They seem to have all problems ironed out now. Satelite internet in this area is no good. With direct tv we lost the signal everytime it stormed or with heavy clouds. We are high upon a hill, good signal.

sandilee 03-08-2012 03:43 PM

We are sooo happy we left cable and went satelite. We have had both Dish and Driect. Either one is great. During a storm the cable would go out and stay out for the night until they could get it reparied (and they cut down on their repair staff) but during a storm the satelite may go out for a couple minutes, but its back on......not waiting for the repairman to "fix" the problem.

I also love the DVR that comes with satelite.

yngldy 03-08-2012 03:59 PM

Don't have cable. Use the old antenna we had before digital tv. We get 109 channels and still nothing on!!

MissSandra 03-08-2012 04:02 PM

I hated dish!!! clouds came and no tv, and was stuck with a 2yr contract when I lived in FL. consider the programing and what you watch what I wanted to watch I had to pay extra for.

ckcowl 03-08-2012 04:05 PM

we switched to Direct tv a couple years ago---no complaints- they carry the stations we want- no service problems- & comparable pricing- they seem to have fairly frequent specials- like free weekend pay channels- or even a couple weeks of them.

Sadiemae 03-08-2012 04:18 PM

The only complaint I have about my DirectTV is that we are unable to have Fox, and that is where The first Sprint Cup races are shown. Direct Pass is very hard to watch.

Nanamoms 03-08-2012 04:25 PM

I switched from a cable company to DirectTV. To me, it had the best all around package for what I watch. Comparable prices to the "other" company.