Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you do other crafts besides quilting> (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-do-other-crafts-besides-quilting%3E-t58113.html)

Mousie 08-06-2010 10:31 AM

I mess and gaum with other stuff besides quilting, but only get serious about the kiddy outfits and tote bags.
Quilting is my first love, now. I do have lots of plans for hand embroidering and cross stitch...if i ever stop with the fabrics.
Want to embroider on some blocks.
I will...eventually :XD:
Loved the samplers and
candlequilter...see why you picked your nickname! woo hoo! :thumbup:

zyxquilts 08-06-2010 10:36 AM

I paint ceramics - mostly just round trivets & cups. (Not so good on the 3D stuff, so stick to the "flat" things! LOL) I have done lots of plastic canvas needlework coasters & can crochet some. My friend that owns the ceramics shop where I paint is going to teach me how to follow a crochet pattern & I want to make some "string bags". We'll see.... :wink:

ejudy 08-06-2010 10:44 AM

I love to embroidery - especially baby quilts. I also make items for a craft show i.e. potato sacks, curling iron caddy, pot holders, aprons, oven mitts, etc.

I especially love to work with fabric!

SharonAnne 08-06-2010 10:46 AM

I dabble in crocheting (made the shrug in my Avatar). Am also in the process of making thread crocheted barefoot sandals. I love those things. Used to do counted cross stitch - a lot of sweatshirts for friends and family. My grandmother taught me to tat, but I have totally lost that ability that I never really had. All thumbs with it. Want to learn to paint, but haven't done anything with that desire yet. Other hobbies are vegetable and flower gardening, although that's not really a craft. **I love the candles and am very impressed with the samplers***. Does anyone on this board tat? I think it is coming back into vogue.

Jeanniejo 08-06-2010 10:48 AM

Not since I started quilting !!! :lol:

jackkip 08-06-2010 10:51 AM

Love to sew most anything. I have made doll clothes, Dog beds, totes.

One of my most favorite hobbies was creating Stain Glass hangings. I have done several. I still have all of the equipment, just haven't been into for the last couple of years Lots of fun, but it really tears up your fingers :-o

MomtoBostonTerriers 08-06-2010 10:52 AM

Scrapbooking.

Sue Fish 08-06-2010 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
I do all sorts of crafts from crocheting, knitting, cross stitch, needlepoint, and candle carving. Here are just a few pictures of my candles.

Beautiful

raptureready 08-06-2010 11:09 AM

I paint, scrapbook, sew clothing, dabble in genealogy, watercolor, embroidery, make cards, bake, make small crafts(potholders, pincushions, etc), and Prismacolor pencils. I have done candlewicking, candle making, soap making, jewelry, rock polishing, wood burning, wood carving, doll making, gardening, rug making, knitting, crocheting, macrame, etc. If it's caught my eye I've tried it.

tdgiffin 08-06-2010 11:16 AM

I crochet and make jewelry.