Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have the creep? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-creep-t179968.html)

theoldgraymare 02-19-2012 08:01 PM

I have had the creep all my life. No flat surface is allowed to remain uncluttered. No laundry basket is ever empty. If there is more than the minimum empty space necessary to move from door to door to couch/bed/chair in any room, it won't be empty long.

Lois-nounoe 02-19-2012 08:23 PM

My hubby is a hoarder! Every little space is filled with his stuff to the point that MY stuff is everywhere in the house. I have a 24 x 24 foot shed and if I put anything in it my hubby puts something on top of on in front of it. Our closet is full of HIS stuff so My stuff is on the floor in front of my dresser! No room in the inn. I grew up in a house with two parents and an older brother that was only 26 x 26 foot! But my mother didn't have any hobbies either. I need a shed of my own for my quilting and all my hobby stuff so I will be able to find it so I can use it with a lock on the door and me having the only key. I need to reclaim my house so when we have company it doesn't take me a week to find the bed in the spare room.

NanaCsews2 02-19-2012 09:02 PM

I am going to use that word in the future. I know lots of people that have creep.
DH and I have been getting rid of clutter and stuff for the past year or so. I want to thin out this house so I don't feel so overwhelmed about what will happen to all of this stuff if something happens to us. I don't want my adult children to have to go through this. (I do worry about my 2 sewing rooms full of fabric and notions and machines, etc.etc. DH has promised to do the right thing with it. There are some people I don't want near it.) We really don't have creep, we just have too much stuff organized into their own spaces. Plenty of room to walk around and everything in its place. Just so much stuff we don't need or use anymore.

coopah 02-20-2012 06:18 AM

I have some creep. We moved 3200 miles and couldn't bring all the creep with us, but somehow there seems to be creep here, also. It's inherited. My dad had 5 metal buildings (not sheds, buildings) filled with creep. He was a depression era kid and kept everything. Now we are getting rid of it. It's an awful feeling. Take care of your creep so others don't have to do it. Not fun.

LindaR 02-20-2012 06:40 AM

quilting creeps into every room in the house....

gramarraine 02-20-2012 06:43 AM

We have the creep also. The weather has been too cold to be outside so hubby stays in the house all day. Every thing the he touches creeps someplace it doesn't belong. LOL

Suzbo 02-20-2012 06:48 AM

Guilty here of having the creep also. In the past year we have donated several times to the local resale shop (filled our van each time) and it hasn't even made a dent in the clutter caused by creep.

aronel 02-20-2012 08:01 AM

It must be contagious, because I have it also. LOL!!

T. 02-20-2012 08:37 AM

yes, I agree. It's like the ying & yang, there should be no empty space. I must have it too.

Originally Posted by sandybuttons (Post 4989460)
Empty space is suppose to be filled, I think there is a rule about that hee hee :p

nstitches4u 02-20-2012 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by mom2boyz (Post 4989446)
My mother lives with me and we both have several hobbies and tend to collect or accumulate a lot of stuff. My bachelor brother came to visit and mentioned that Mom & I have the worst case of creep he has ever seen. I said,"What do you mean?", and he replied that if there is ever any empty space, she & I creep into it. We've laughed about that several times since - is it a disease? is there a cure?

Have you seen your brother's home lately? I have a bachelor brother and he accumulates stuff pretty well too. Not much empty space in his apartment. LOL