Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you let your housework go? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-let-your-housework-go-t194090.html)

gramajo 07-10-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 5353834)
I saw something that made me think of this thread:
"Instead of cleaning I just watched an episode of hoarders. I didn't realize how fantastic my house really looks!"
Hugs
April

:thumbup: I love your way of thinking.

Eileen De Ville 07-10-2012 11:27 AM

My mother was an excellent housekeeper, but took time to enjoy life. She told me many times, "l00 years from now, no one is goint to care if you cleaned your house very day. Enjoy life and your family"

LynnVT 07-10-2012 11:36 AM

I've said this before about housekeeping. Once a year we have to pay our town property tax - I always bring in the check on the very day it is due and say, "OK, I pay my taxes, I can keep my house. That's my housekeeping for this year!" Seriously, we are retired and do the basics as needed. Kitchen clean enough to eat in, DH does dishes and most laundry, I cook and do the bills. When company is coming we do a bit of extra spiffing up, dusting, vacuuming, etc., but we just enjoy our lives together, and we each have our hobbies. If someone comes in someday when I've passed on unexpectedly, they can tsk, tsk all they want about what I may not have done. But I hope they will admire and enjoy my work, and remember when we laughed together.

Eva Knight 07-10-2012 12:09 PM

You remmber[?] when we were called ,HOUSE WIFE, I always I was not married to my house. I clean when I know someone is coming. Not often.

raptureready 07-10-2012 01:11 PM

If you look up "housework" in the dictionary it says, "Loyal and trustworthy, will never leave you". It's more faithful than any spouse, child, friend or pet. Soooo..... that being said, there's really no rush to do it today because it will wait for you until you decide that it's something that you want to waste time to do. You can't get rid of it because when you think you're done, wait 24 hrs and it will be back.

redquilter 07-10-2012 01:18 PM

I guess I'm the odd ball and I'll probably get a lot of boo's from this - but I can't stand a messy house (mine, that is. I'd never presume to judge anyone - so please don't get me wrong) and can't sit down and sew when there are "chores" to be done. It's just me and it doesn't bother me if other people choose to keep (or not LOL) their house as they please. Whatever works for each of us is just fine.

SouthPStitches 07-10-2012 02:36 PM

Years ago, when I still belonged to a Guild, there was one lady that was such a prolific quilter. When it was her turn at show and tell, she'd stand up and she'd pull out amazing quilt tops. She'd show a king size FG, then perhaps two more smaller quilts from the left overs. Then she'd be semi-apologetic saying that she could have gotten so much more done if her twins hadn't come home from college, or having cooked Thanksgiving dinner, etc. Another lady sitting next to me, leaned over and whispered "sure she turns these quilt tops out like a production line, but I bet she lives in a pig sty". I've never forgotten that nasty, catty comment.

champagnebubbles 07-10-2012 02:40 PM

I need (my need) my kitchen table clean at all times. That's it. I need very little. :)

rusty quilter 07-10-2012 04:03 PM

I used to fee the same way...until I learned the hard way that life is very short indeed!

gramajo 07-10-2012 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by redquilter (Post 5354168)
Whatever works for each of us is just fine.

Exactly!!!