Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you or Are Taking advantage of the Summer Sales? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-taking-advantage-summer-sales-t149204.html)

Rosyhf 08-30-2011 07:46 PM

I don't know how it is in the state where you guys live but here in Longwood, Florida, August is the 80% sale lol.

Sales have been going on but I always wait for Aug, if I am shopping that year. I only shop every 5 years for clothing that I wear daily and for running errands. It seems that I change my taste for clothing every 5 years too. Is it the same with you.? Have your tastes changed several times over the years?

I now like my tops to have a short, 3/4 or full length sleeve and a V or scoop neck. I don't like the crew neck anymore lol.

Well today I got two pairs of white slacks, four pairs of Capri's, 4 pairs of shorts and seven tops (colors of the rainbow) I spent 80.00 and saved 266.00. 17 pieces, averaged 4.80 per piece. I think I did good and have such lovely clothes to wear to the end of this summer and the next four lol.

I got those at JC Penny and next week I will shop Macy's for their 80% off. I never buy winter clothing. I have enough to last me until death lol.

I can't imagine shopping Walmart. You would never get such a good deal. I have done this for years.

Jim's Gem 08-30-2011 07:49 PM

Great job with the shopping.

I have been getting my clothes at Coldwater Creek when they have their 70 - 80% off sales. I order all kinds of stuff, try it on and return what I don't want to my local store!

Sandee 08-30-2011 07:50 PM

Well, I think I'm gonna check out my Penney's!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-30-2011 07:54 PM

Glad you have enough winter clothes until your death hahaha
That cracked me up!!
You really got some great bargains!!! Goodie!!!!!!! :D

Yes, I do that too but my tastes don't seem to change much.
And winter it's just jeans, turtlenecks and hoodies- I'm always cold!! lol :D
My sister is always hot and she says she gets hot just looking at me with all my layers :mrgreen:

TheSevenYearStitch 08-30-2011 07:59 PM

Sounds like you got a lot of great deals! Good job!

Unfortunately, I never stock up on off-season clothes because I sincerly hope to be a size or two smaller by the time the weather turns again!

meemersmom 08-30-2011 11:34 PM

Funny you should post this. I sent my jcp emails to my phone to use the coupon codes at the store today. I was planning on stopping on my way home from work today. I just love them lately...fashionable, current clothing, reasonable prices. And, is it just me, or do the employees seem friendlier?? Always a good experience when I go there.

Juliebelle 08-31-2011 03:10 AM

Great deal, that is my kind of shopping I find that since I retired I do not shop as much since I already had a lot of casual clothes that I am finally able to wear now.

blueangel 08-31-2011 07:35 PM

Great deals.

wolfkitty 08-31-2011 07:51 PM

Wish I could, but I am on an enforced budget (I'm broke!) LOL Oh, well. It's good for the soul! And I have plenty of stash.