Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you want to know the secret of using your EQ Software??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-want-know-secret-using-your-eq-software-t69147.html)

Quiltforme 10-08-2010 10:32 PM

Let your 4 year old play with it. He decided he wanted to "create" a block well I just let him have it. He went to areas and did things that I had no idea how to do. So there it is in a nut shell. I never thought I would get to this point in my life. I was always the go to girl for stuff like this WHEN DID I GET OLD!!!. Ok I'm better but seriously I guess all you need to do is just play and not worry about doing something wrong or making a mistake!! Have fun!!!

patricej 10-08-2010 11:39 PM

may i rent the 4-year old? :lol:

no1jan 10-09-2010 12:23 AM

I agree with Patrice, it sees kids today are born knowing the modern technology.

Deecee 10-09-2010 12:25 AM

My kids run circles around me at the keyboard. If they would go a little slower when showing me how to do something, I might be able to catch on.

renee765 10-09-2010 04:57 AM

It is scary, isn't it? My three year old grandson can start up Gramma's puter, open Internet Explorer, open 'Favorites', then scroll down to Nick Jr. icon and open it. Then he finds whatever Nick Jr. game he wants to play. When I do something on the computer like adjust the sound, he's watching like a hawk and asks 'Whatdat?' If he sees me doing something once, he can repeat it the next day. I watch him play computer games (which are great, by the way, they teach shapes, colors, following directions, problem-solving, etc.) and just wonder in awe as to how his three year old brain works.

Maybe your four-year old can clue the rest of us in on how to use EQ!

Editted to add: On the other hand, maybe this is a testament to the design process. Little ones don't know what they 'are not supposed to do" so just go ahead with their instinct. We have, somewhere along the line, have learned that 'you can't get there from here' so we tend to have built-in resistance to following our instincts. Sheesh. I haven't even had my coffee yet!

littlehud 10-09-2010 06:07 AM

When my DGD was in preschool her favorite time of the day was computer time. She just seemed to know what to do and how to do it. They seem to be so at ease with all the technology.

stewyscrewy 10-09-2010 07:03 AM

the best part of a youngen playing on a computer is they
are not afraid of it, or of what it can do.

laureneberhard 10-09-2010 07:07 AM

No 4 yr olds here!! Only a 65 yr old who wants NOTHING to do with computers.. What week can I rent your brainiac? (sp)

amandasgramma 10-09-2010 07:57 AM

ROL!!!! If you have a 4 yr old, then you're a LOT younger than me.....can you imagine how us SENIORS feel??

Seriously, I taught computer and programs that are like EQ6/7. I've always said, keep track of what you do, save often, and don't be AFRAID! You have the software for the program...you can always re-load it and I have yet to hear of a computer blowing up because you hit the wrong key! :thumbup:

UglyCook 10-09-2010 08:28 AM

LOL!! Or if you lack a 4 year old, you can take a class for under $40 over at Quilt University. I learned so much from Fran Gonzalez!