Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does your blood pressure go up when.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-your-blood-pressure-go-up-when-t65325.html)

trisha 09-17-2010 09:36 PM

You are driving down the street...no one behind you..but a car has to pull out in front of you because they don't want to wait 5 extra seconds....so you have to slow down in order not to hit them???? I hate that!!!!
Or when you are driving down the highway at 65 or 70 and the car coming from the off-ramp that has a red sign that says YIELD is racing you and expects YOU to slow down so he can get on!!!!!
Or when you are waiting to turn and cars coming the other way have the green arrow and when it turns red they all just keep on coming!!!
Or when people pass you because you are doing the speed limit and they have to get nowhere quick? The part I love is when you pull up behind them at a red light. HaHaHa!!!! I just smile!!!
Or when you are driving the speed limit and they zoom past you and then you pass them having gotten stopped for speeding. Yes!!!Yes!!!Yes!!!!
Okay....I feel better.
All of these things happened to me in just one day. :evil: :evil: :x ;) ;-) :-P :(

DebraK 09-17-2010 09:38 PM

I always say, "They want to be the first one to the accident".

craftybear 09-17-2010 09:38 PM

it is very wild out there! be careful

wolfkitty 09-17-2010 09:40 PM

Sounds like my typical day!

purplemem 09-17-2010 09:40 PM

I say, "Step on out here and meet Jesus."

DebraK 09-17-2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I say, "Step on out here and meet Jesus."

lol, that's a really hard way to be saved ;-)

trisha 09-17-2010 09:45 PM

Amen to that!!!!

mom-6 09-17-2010 10:02 PM

So were you driving on I35? or in Dallas or Houston?

Lisanne 09-17-2010 10:14 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had one of these moments this morning. I was at an intersection where there are three - three! - left turn lanes. There are dashed white lines to guide all three lanes smoothly through the left turn. It's not like you couldn't see that there were multiple turn lanes!

I was in the middle one. We're all stopped at the red light. The green arrow comes on, we all begin to move, turning left - and the jack*** in the leftmost of the lanes decides to cut rightward across the other two lanes before even letting us turn! I mean, we weren't even halfway through it! I guess he figured he could do it before we'd even accelerated. As it was, I had to slam on the brakes.

Next light, the jack*** is in the lane to the right of me, and right next to me at the red. I mean, it's not like we got any real distance before having to stop again. I rolled down my window and cursed him out thoroughly. He gives me this baffled look and shrugs his shoulders at the person next to him.

Yes, I had the right car. I hadn't taken my eyes off him since his lane-cutting caper, and it was only a block's drive to the next light. I mean, did he really have no clue that he pulled a bad one?

Maride 09-18-2010 05:20 AM

I am not a bad driver, but since we came back to NYC I leave the driving to DH. I admit, in almost 2 months here I have driven 3 times. People drive like animals, and is not the yellow cabs. Those you see from a distance and you expect something stupid from them. Is the private delivery cabs. They can be any car, any size, any color, and they drive like is the end of the world they are getting away from. Prefer the train any minute.