Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does your kitty do this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-your-kitty-do-t35218.html)

tlrnhi 01-27-2010 06:14 AM

I don't think I've gone to the bathroom alone in years!
Not since the girls were born or I've had cats, which I've had cats all my life lol

sandpat 01-27-2010 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep...here he waiting for someone to come turn it on for him

Bart on stand-by
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55608[/ATTACH]

drivingsusan 01-27-2010 06:33 AM

Me too! If I even look like I am going to the bathroom Molly races in, sits on the counter and makes her most 'dying of thirst, helpless kitty' impersonation!

dkabasketlady 01-27-2010 06:48 AM

No, my cats aren't allowed on the counters or tables, but the picture is so cute of your cat. I've had cats all my life. Mine are 17 yrs. and 12 yrs. old.

nativetexan 01-27-2010 08:12 AM

for a moment i thought that was his toothbrush in the pic!! cute. cats love running water. actually people do too, the sound of it is relaxing.

youme 01-27-2010 02:12 PM

Wow,I didn't imagine there would come up so many kitties that do the same as he does. I have hadsome kitties, but he is the only one who is not afraid of water.
It is funny to discover that we call this kind of cats American Short Haired here, I know you call them Domestic Short Haired, right? LOL

kwhite 01-27-2010 02:42 PM

I have terrible allergies, so all of the cats I have owned have gotten baths regularly. They learn to love them. BooBoo and now Boots will get into the shower with you. Lola hasn't quite gotten into it yet.

Missi 01-27-2010 02:50 PM

My cat started this habit when my faucet leaked in my apartment during college. I told the land lord and he didn't fix it, he paid the water bill and the cat loved the dripping faucet it was a win win situation. That was until I moved and won't let the faucet drip for her all day. I know I am a mean mean mean mom. She tells me all the time when I won't turn it on. It has been over a year but she will still beg and plead for me to turn the water on.

Her newest is to drink the bath water when I am taking a bath. She just moves the bubbles out of the way :)

pookie ookie 01-27-2010 03:10 PM

It's my boy cat's primary water source. Unfortunately since the boss lady cat died, he has to wait for a human to turn on the water. The late kitty would turn it on but never turned it off. He can open doors so he's not completely useless.

chris_quilts 01-27-2010 05:16 PM

I have one male cat, Jake, who will drink from a water or milk glass by dipping his paw into the glass and then licking off the liquid. We did have a cat who would drink from the running faucet but he would also drink from the bowl if he had to which was most of the time. My other male cat, Romeo, will drink from my coffee cup if it's cool enough and close to the top of the cup. I do cover that with a suacer usually but my DD doesn't always remember this so sometimes she doesn't even drink her coffee b/c Romeo got there first.