Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dog-having-problem-noise-sewing-machine-t192259.html)

barri1 06-20-2012 02:51 AM

Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine.

I hope someone has an idea what is going on with my dog.. He used to be very nice, and calm when I sewed.. he would either nap in the dog house, or near me somewhere.. The last couple of days have been a problem.. When I start to sew, he starts barking at me to stop, or whines.. At first I thought he wanted to go out, but that wasn't the problem.. I made him go out of the room, and sit, and think.. but I could see that he was upset.. I really want to enjoy his company, and continue sewing.. I'm not home that much, and he is at my mom's during the day..
Barri

quilticing 06-20-2012 03:08 AM

Cesar Milan the Dog Whisperer to the rescue. He's not getting enough exercise? Watch as many shows and read his books. I learned A LOT and I always had dogs for most of my 63 years. Found out I didn't know enough!

winia 06-20-2012 03:36 AM

My guess? Ear problem of some kind. A trip to the vet is in order.

qwkslver 06-20-2012 03:48 AM

That is what I would think too. He might have an ear infection of some sort.

Mona Marie 06-20-2012 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by winia (Post 5302376)
My guess? Ear problem of some kind. A trip to the vet is in order.

I agree. The sound of the motor may be hurting his ears for some reason

PaperPrincess 06-20-2012 03:56 AM

Or maybe there is something starting to go wrong with your machine motor producing a high pitched whine. Too high for our ears, but not for his?

barri1 06-20-2012 10:00 AM

I don't think it's a discipline problem, as he is a good guy, and never used to have a problem with me doing anything. He gets a lot of exercise, as he hangs out chasing balls with a golden doodle.. I think I'll look in his ears.. and figure it out.. He has bad allergies, and was just in the hospital with asthma..
Barri

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5302296)
I hope someone has an idea what is going on with my dog.. He used to be very nice, and calm when I sewed.. he would either nap in the dog house, or near me somewhere.. The last couple of days have been a problem.. When I start to sew, he starts barking at me to stop, or whines.. At first I thought he wanted to go out, but that wasn't the problem.. I made him go out of the room, and sit, and think.. but I could see that he was upset.. I really want to enjoy his company, and continue sewing.. I'm not home that much, and he is at my mom's during the day..
Barri

Sadiemae 06-20-2012 10:40 AM

I would take him to his vet.

Quilt Novice 06-20-2012 11:45 AM

Check your machine, maybe the wiring. Dogs can also smell a problem. I agree with him seeing the vet. I hope everything is okay.

Quilt Novice 06-20-2012 11:48 AM

Another thing, maybe its something else in the room making a noise or something. Is there anything new in your sewing space that he might not like?