Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Doll 109 for a very sick child (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/doll-109-very-sick-child-t192824.html)

wordpaintervs 06-26-2012 08:55 AM

Doll 109 for a very sick child

2 Attachment(s)
This doll will be mailed out to a child from N.V.
She is only five years old and has been diagnosed
with Neuro Blastima (Blastoma?) which is a serious
form of cancer. Her name is Kinsley.

It will be sent today. More info to follow, as it is
available for posting. She is struggling but
trying to stay cheerful in spite of it all.

Vickey Stamps

mom-6 06-26-2012 09:08 AM

What a beautifully delightful way to minister to a sick little girl!

burchquilts 06-26-2012 09:11 AM

What a wonderful dolly! You are an angel to do this work! I'll keep Kensley in my heart...

burchquilts 06-26-2012 09:15 AM

You are such a wonderful person to make these beautiful dolls. I know they bring much joy & comfort to the little ones who get them.

Neesie 06-26-2012 09:23 AM

Those big dolls are so cute!!! What a blessing, you are! :thumbup:

wordpaintervs 06-26-2012 10:50 AM

fee's are going up. It cost a few cents short of $25 to mail the package fed-ex. No problem right now as I still have a little bit in the non-profit checking account, but another 3 or 4 and I might have to check with organizations that help with this kind of thing, and see if they will donate shipping costs. If not, we will ....as always ...somehow manage.

I made a mistake saying North Virginia. Kinsley lives in West Virginia. The doll will be there in 4 business days from this evening when the truck comes to pick up new stuff.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the doll. It is the only quilted one I've done. I hope down the road to do another just like it.

Thank you everyone.

Vickey Stamps

mdall 06-26-2012 12:46 PM

Thanks Vickey for sending the doll. I know Kinsley will love it and find lots of joy and comfort in having her new doll with her during her treatments. Thanks again and May God Bless You for all that you are doing for these sick children.

wordpaintervs 06-26-2012 01:04 PM

Thanks so much for the reply to this posting. I pray Kinsley will find lots of love and comfort in the arms of her doll. I sent the birth certificate. Please ask them to put doll 109 in the number slot and her name (Kinsley ) as the mother, and whatever she names her doll in dolls name spot. The date of birth will be the day she first holds her doll in her arms. God Bless all.

Vickey Stamps

Joy.lynn 06-26-2012 01:10 PM

What a wonderful person you are.

wordpaintervs 06-26-2012 01:13 PM

I have a lot of health issues.....but this I can do. Thanks for those words. If you know of a child with a devestating health issue, please don't hesitate to let me know. Just send a PM and I will get back to you. I check each day.

Hugs to you and yours

Vickey Stamps