Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Drought, floods, storms and now an earthquake in CA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/drought-floods-storms-now-earthquake-ca-t148424.html)

Ramona Byrd 08-27-2011 08:14 PM

It sure seems that Mother Earth is getting mad at us recently.
She is pitching a fit and blowing and shaking things up all over.

Now a mild earthquake hit the coast of California...here in the central valley I never felt a thing, but folks in the bay area are kinda nervous.

Stay safe everyone. Have your evacuation kits ready to go out the door. And when it gets light I'm going out to the garage and get the cats' carriers and their medical papers, blankets and canned food, plus some dry stuff for fussy Freddy, who hates canned food.

cjomomma 08-27-2011 08:26 PM

Well my goodness. First the east coast and then west coast, I sure hope that doesnt mean the those of us here in the middle are next.

tammy cosper 08-27-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Well my goodness. First the east coast and then west coast, I sure hope that doesnt mean the those of us here in the middle are next.

Meeee too! I couldn't be more in the middle.lol
Its just amazing how all this caos weather has been this year. Stay safe everyone!
Tammy

cjomomma 08-27-2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by tammy cosper

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Meeee too! I couldn't be more in the middle.lol
Its just amazing how all this caos weather has been this year. Stay safe everyone!
Tammy

I live less than 100 miles from the New Madrid fault line and it's a major fault line. Not looking forward to the puppy going off.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 08-27-2011 08:45 PM

They tell us here in South Dakota that if Yellowstone blows it would get us also. There is something everywhere. We are usually pretty safe from tornados here in Rapid City as we live near a couple of really big hills, and seems to buffer the winds. We do have alot of wind, kind of like living in OK. We lived in Elk City for a year . Just everyone stay alert and safe...

quiltingcandy 08-27-2011 09:10 PM

CA is always shaking, so not a major concern. If you look at the website where they track them you see earthquakes happen daily. It is if we quit shaking then we need to worry because it is the minor shakes that relieve the pressure and keep the "big one" from happening.

craftybear 08-27-2011 09:11 PM

Stay safe!

heather1949 08-27-2011 09:23 PM

Wow how can you all be so calm.God Bless you all and keep you safe.

Painiacs 08-27-2011 09:49 PM

They said 2011 has been worst for natural disagree world wide!!

jemma 08-27-2011 10:25 PM

shes trying to tell us somthing???