Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dye ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dye-t103986.html)

sawsan 02-28-2011 08:57 PM

She asked me do you ever dye your hair ??
It's me who dye (I replied) :shock: :oops:
Which colour u use?
Which colour I do not use u mean: (I replied)
What product u use?
What product i never used yet (I replied) :(

My question is IS THERE ANY NATURAL DYE u heard about or use because i get Fed up of all kinds and all chemicals we use
:roll:

irishrose 02-28-2011 09:11 PM

My natural food store has a line of natural dye, but I haven't used it. Natural Instincts and a few other have peroxide, but no ammonia. Worked okay, but some of the colors are intense.

I have given up and use one with both ammonia and peroxide. I try to avoid a lot of chemicals so that dose every month or so is my vice.

Beffy_Boo 02-28-2011 09:59 PM

Henna will give give a lovely red tint and cover any gray. All natural and beautiful, I think.

Qbee 02-28-2011 11:59 PM

I looked online to see what I could find and both "Naturtint" and "Herbatint" brands seem to have good reviews.

earthwalker 03-01-2011 12:49 AM

Henna is good and I think now you can get different shades. But, if you really don't want to dye your hair, don't. As we age our colour fades and our skin-tone does also. Sometimes very dyed hair can look more ageing than going natural. I haven't dyed my hair for many years, and now large stripes of it are very white. I often get asked who does my colour, so I'm guessing it doesn't look too bad. Anyway, I'm not too fussed on public opinion, but not dyeing has saved me quite a lot of money and stress. Hated touching up those roots.

patricej 03-01-2011 03:38 AM

i find that Mother Nature has been doing a pretty good job of gradually dying my hair grey.

no chemicals or additives involved or necessary. :lol:

jenny Line 03-01-2011 05:34 AM

I don't know of any natural dyes to use. I have been having mine done for a long time. I have any a hair dresser who is good and does not charge an arm and a leg to do it. Wish I could have the nerve to see what color it is without the dye!

Jenny:)

sawsan 03-01-2011 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Beffy_Boo
Henna will give give a lovely red tint and cover any gray. All natural and beautiful, I think.

I used it a lot but after gray is white Henna gives me carrot orange colour :hunf:

ssgramma 03-01-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i find that Mother Nature has been doing a pretty good job of gradually dying my hair grey.

no chemicals or additives involved or necessary. :lol:

Me too - after a lifetime of every color but black!

sawsan 03-01-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
Henna is good and I think now you can get different shades. But, if you really don't want to dye your hair, don't. As we age our colour fades and our skin-tone does also. Sometimes very dyed hair can look more ageing than going natural. I haven't dyed my hair for many years, and now large stripes of it are very white. I often get asked who does my colour, so I'm guessing it doesn't look too bad. Anyway, I'm not too fussed on public opinion, but not dyeing has saved me quite a lot of money and stress. Hated touching up those roots.

I am scarfing out side covering completely from people so I don't care of other opinion, it's 4 my self and DH that i must appear better as i can