Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Electric Brooms.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/electric-brooms-t171302.html)

happymrs 12-07-2011 04:17 PM

Electric Brooms....

You know, the little rechargeable sweeper kind. Do you have one, do you like it? What type would you recommend? I hate to vacuum, but love these little sweepers. Have had two Bissell ones now & both had short lives, so am wondering? Hubby thinks we need to spend more on, like $60 to $100, but I'm not so sure, so tell you experience & what you recommend. I hate to vacuum, dragging out the big one, but these little ones make it so much easier, so I am encourage to do it more often, lol... any info would be appreciated at this point!....

ptquilts 12-07-2011 06:08 PM

do you have mostly hard floors or carpets? I had one but only used it on hard floors. Useless on rugs. There are some good basic vacs at WM for under $50, last time I looked.

sassey 12-07-2011 06:09 PM

Thay is the only kind of sweeper I can use due to health reasons I have to buy one about every six months I always buy the rechargable kind I have found that the cheeper one work as well as the mid priced one However I did have one called Fantom it lasted about a year but have been unable to find another one like it I have discovered that if I let it completely discharge before recharging the battery does last longer

Peckish 12-07-2011 06:10 PM

I use a Swiffer vacuum for my hardwood floors. And I just purchased a new vacuum for my carpets, boy does it suck! (har de har har!) It's a "Eureka multicyclonic" and is supposed to compete with the Dyson at a much more affordable price. It's small and very light weight, much lighter than my old Bissell. My favorite thing about it? I can completely disassemble the dirt bin and wash it out. I hate it when the vacuum gets old and makes the house smell like a dog every time you use it - I'm hoping that since I can wash this one out, I can avoid the smell.

happymrs 12-07-2011 06:16 PM

We mostly have old carpet, with old lino in the kitchen.

Peckish, I hear ya, last time I used our big one, DH said it made the house stink, lol!

Treasureit 12-07-2011 06:22 PM

THE VERY BEST (IMO) is the Bissel 3 in 1 Vac. It is Electric so no dead or weak batteries. It can have a handle with a floor attachment, or be just a "dust buster" thing. I got my at Walmart for $15. and they were $9 on black Friday this year. It is great in my sewing room...use it all the time. I was so happy when I found this that I posted on here about it.

happymrs 12-07-2011 06:22 PM

So far, of the two Bissells we've had, neither lasted long enough to worry about the battery dying...

Nanamoms 12-07-2011 08:07 PM

I have a Sharp broom with the detachable mini dust buster. It has actually lasted longer than anything I've ever had. I've probably had it well over 5 years and it's just now to the point of not holding a charge. I have wood floors and ceramic tile and its great for pickups. I have an Oreck upright and a handheld canister, too, that I use for bigger jobs and vacuuming molding, etc. I'm going to be on the lookout for another Sharp!

DebraK 12-08-2011 10:57 AM

I love my Electrolux sweeper.

GreatStarter 12-08-2011 01:41 PM

I had a inexpensive one with rechargeable battery. LOVED it, but it didn't last long. Due to heath reasons it is exactly what I needed. Guess I should save my pennies and buy another one. I sure do miss it.

Kat