Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   An email for walmart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/email-walmart-t132407.html)

valsma 06-22-2011 03:32 PM

The following is an email I wrote to WalMart. A little over a week ago I sat down and wrote a different toned email telling them that trying to get fabric cut was almost impossible. I am happy to report since that time, getting fabric cut takes hardly any time at all and a much nicer experience. Also today when I was there, someone had also organized most of their fabrics by types, lines or colors. It was really nice. I am quite pleased. They have a great selection of black and whites right now.

"Dear Sirs, I wrote an email about a week or so ago I guess, commenting on the lack of assitance in getting fabric cut at our local Lebanon, Oregon store.
I am just writing this time to let you know that I really appreciate the effort that is now being made to make sure someone is availble within a couple of minutes time of the bell being rang to come. I have been there twice and both times the responce time to the bell has been minimal. Somebody also attempted to call me, but I missed their call and when I attempted to call back they weren't there, and I appreciate that they tried.
I woluld also like to complement whoever took the time to organize your store either by line, or color. It makes for finding fabric so much easier.
Again thank your for your attention to my previous email. It is nice to know that WalMart is making an effort to correct issues within their stores for customers."

guess I should proof read a little better. Sorry. To late to tell WalMart that. LOL

hobbykat1955 06-22-2011 03:34 PM

Good for you...nice email and good for you for bringing it to their attention the first time to enable them to correct the problem...

NancyG 06-22-2011 03:48 PM

That was great!!

CorneliaVa 06-22-2011 04:08 PM

We all should be as considerate as you .... so often we fume, but forget to say "thank you" when our problem gets serious consideration.

Thanks for reminding us that no one may even know the problems (up or down the chain of command) unless someone takes the time to ask that an undesirable situation get attention.

Sometime the continuation of problems is partly our own fault for letting slights slide.

Good for you :thumbup:

valsma 06-22-2011 04:20 PM

Having worked retail from warehouse to store I know that unless we are told what is happening we will not be able to fix what is broken.
But if you are going to complain, please remember to take the time to say thank you when someone goes that extra mile to fix the problem. I know this may be a temporary fix, things may go slack again, but at least now they are aware of it. This will also give them the opportunity to make sure this issue dosen't repeat in another store.

nativetexan 06-22-2011 05:10 PM

good for you. i wish Hobby Lobby would do the same. the bell isn't always offered and one has to go to the frame dept or the cashiers at the front of the store.

jbud2 06-22-2011 05:32 PM

I just got some fabric at the local WalMart on Tuesday. A young man from ELECTRONICS was doing the cutting. Then a woman showed up to cut - her badge said department manager. Then another young lady from electronics showed up to cut my fabric - the department manager was needed in a meeting. The young lady said while cutting fabric that this was not her thing at all. She said the only training they had was a crash course in using the label/price sticker and marking sales on each bolt. She said she learned more from a lady that said she retired from another fabric store and showed her how to cut fabric. And the cutting table is so small!! Only one person can cut at a time, and that is tough because they have 3 of those pricing 'guns' laying there and a employee from another department laid some flowers there, saying so-and- so told her to! I guess I should email Walmart too - thanks for the fabric and department but how about some real training and a real cutting table!! LOL!!

Riversong 06-23-2011 03:57 AM

We never had much of a problem getting a cutter when our Walmart had fabric. Had to ring the bell and wait a few times,but I just looked at patterns or something. Then they took out the department and offered shabby pre cuts.NOW,Hallelujah,they are re installing a full fabric department,and I am so glad I will not complain about waiting a few minutes!!!!But waits were aways short,so I understand being frustrated if it is a long wait.

valsma 06-23-2011 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
We never had much of a problem getting a cutter when our Walmart had fabric. Had to ring the bell and wait a few times,but I just looked at patterns or something. Then they took out the department and offered shabby pre cuts.NOW,Hallelujah,they are re installing a full fabric department,and I am so glad I will not complain about waiting a few minutes!!!!But waits were aways short, so I understand being frustrated if it is a long wait.

If it were just 3-4 minutes, then no big deal. When it stretches to 10 + minutes and you grab an associate from the pharmacy passing by to get help for you and nobody still comes, then it is a problem. This had happend more than once.
It is like doctors offices, when they leave you sitting for long blocks of time beyond your appointment, I don't just sit there waiting. I do something about it. I'm so sorry if people don't agree but my time is as valuble as those who are suppose to be working for me in those few minutes. I have places to be and things to do, and if I have to call you on your lack of consideration I will and I expect that other should do the same if I do not give them the same cosideration. The deal is you don't have to be rude, just nicely and gently point out the issue, when it is corrected be considerate and say thank you. Easy as pie.