Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Embarrassing Moments... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/embarrassing-moments-t59751.html)

kristen0112 08-16-2010 05:53 PM

Today in Oregon it was going to be HOT close to 100 in Salem. So, having no daycare kids and only having 3 of mine around I decided to take them boating up at Detroit Lake. First we stopped at Safeway to get doughnuts for the kids. As we were walking to the bakery my purse knocked into a display of wine knocking a bottle off and sending it crashing to the floor where is shattered at my feet spilling it all over my toes. The bottle shattered sending shards of glass one which hit my foot and cut it. Wine hurts in an open wound. Who knew. So, then I had to go tell someone I had been clumsy and ask for a band-aid. They then want to tell management...
Then at the lake we were having fun tubing I noticed that the gas was almost all gone and we were at the other end no where near the marinas. So, we start heading that way. As we enter the cruise way that leads to the marina my boat begins to sputter. I had dropped sped already but dropped it a little more hoping we could make it to Kane's. We didn't. It totally died about 1000 feet from the marina but in a 22 foot speed boat and nothing but a woman and kids it might as well have been a hundred. So, more embarrassment I had to call for the sheriff to come to my rescue. While all the people passed and watched from the marina so close but SO far away from the gas I needed. Oh well. We still had fun the rest of the day.

erstan947 08-16-2010 05:56 PM

a day to remember

Chasing Hawk 08-16-2010 05:56 PM

Did you still smell like a winery when the sheriff arrived? :shock:

I am glad you and the kids had fun and arrived home safely.

bjnicholson 08-16-2010 05:57 PM

I'll bet this is a day your kids will always remember. And you're going to hear about it forever!

amma 08-16-2010 05:58 PM

Ahhh you made memories today :wink:
I am sure the kids loved the excitement of it all :D:D:D

Quilter7x 08-16-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Did you still smell like a winery when the sheriff arrived? :shock:

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! :lol:

Truthfully, I also am glad you and the kids had fun and arrived home safely. You certainly will have quite a story to tell about your day! :D

lilpoohbearie 08-16-2010 06:13 PM

These are the most precious and remembered days. I love to hear stories from my kids for days that to me were embarassing or just plain horrible only to be told from the mind of a child I sure get to laugh! I am glad you are ok and you had a great day!

Chele 08-16-2010 06:21 PM

A bad day in the boat is better than a good day sitting in front of the tv! And I bet it wasn't even a bad day in the boat. Sounds kind of fun to me, but I love boating.

sewgull 08-16-2010 06:28 PM

Another day of memmories. How wonderful to spend the day with family.

cherylynne 08-16-2010 06:32 PM

They will be laughing about "the time mom took us boating" for many years to come. Treasure these times with your kids!!