Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Emergency! Broken pacifier (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/emergency-broken-pacifier-t193214.html)

Chasing Hawk 06-30-2012 09:59 AM

Emergency! Broken pacifier

Stacey, our daughter in Oklahoma called today.

Bella (age 2) was crying uncontrollably because her beloved paci broke. Her "Papa" (Dad's Pop) went to the store and got her 2 new ones. She settled down and talked to me on the phone. What a little chatterbox! She went on about her paci, her two new teeth and the pool the got the other day.

Big sister Raiden was busy swimming and having a blast.

Chase

tesspug 06-30-2012 10:25 AM

I spent hours looking for the "right" paci for my daughter when she was 2. She had to have the "Nuck" brand which was rare 32 years ago. I didn't know which of us was going to be nuts by the time I found one. I bought five.

nativetexan 06-30-2012 10:25 AM

kids always take our anxiety down a knotch don't they? cute.

Chasing Hawk 06-30-2012 08:19 PM

Happy to report Bella is doing fine now.

:)

My oldest daughter had a quilt she carried everywhere. Not a small crib one, but a twin size one. ....lol

Jim's Gem 06-30-2012 08:35 PM

My new grand daughter likes a pacifier.
I remember my 3rd daughter. She had to have 3 of them, one for each hand and one for her mouth. If she lost any one of them in the middle of the night she would get rather upset. I have a picture of her somewhere with 2 of them in her mouth and one in each hand.

burchquilts 06-30-2012 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5329840)
Happy to report Bella is doing fine now.

:)

My oldest daughter had a quilt she carried everywhere. Not a small crib one, but a twin size one. ....lol

Sounds like my DS... he had his "fum" that he sucked & he also drug one of the plaid stadium blankets with him... everywhere. He still has it! But, according to his wife, he leaves it home now... LOL!

Chasing Hawk 06-30-2012 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5330010)
Sounds like my DS... he had his "fum" that he sucked & he also drug one of the plaid stadium blankets with him... everywhere. He still has it! But, according to his wife, he leaves it home now... LOL!

cute story !!

DJinSC 07-01-2012 06:50 AM

Please tell me how you break your kids from the pacifier. My kids never had one. My grandson, almost 3, has a fit if they try to get him to go to bed without one. His teeth are being affected, and I can't give advice on how to break this habit. Any tips?

Neesie 07-01-2012 06:59 AM

My kids never took a pacifier, either. However, I've heard of people cutting a small hole in the tip of the paci, which makes it less pleasant to suck.

bearisgray 07-01-2012 09:04 AM

One of my sons sucked his thumb until he was four or five. He's 48 now - has beautiful teeth - and - as far as I know - hasn't sucked his thumb since he was in kindergarden (unless he hit it with a hammer)