Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Exercise dvd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/exercise-dvd-t89170.html)

barking-rabbit 01-09-2011 11:08 PM

Last year for lent I gave up sweets. I thought it would be good time for a life style change. I started to eat healthier too. To complete the change I needed to exercise. I am too cheap to join a gym. It rains often where I live. So I googled "exercise DVDs for fat lazy people".(I don't use those words often). Scary, sad or funny, I got some hits! Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. They are 1 to 5 miles. Easy and simple inside your own home. I listen to audio books while I do it. I had a shift change at work so I got off track.
I would suggest these to anyone. My Dh does them with me.

luvTooQuilt 01-09-2011 11:28 PM

Good for you for going healthy!! Keep up the good work!!
Ive been looking to replace my old Tae Bo dvds.. I Love them.. They seem to have gotten lost in the move 3 yrs ago..

SueDor 01-10-2011 03:17 AM

Keep up the good work.

gmaybee 01-10-2011 04:23 AM

I've used the Leslie Sansone exercise DVDs. I would recommend them also. I just saw Target have them on sale so will be picking up another one.

KathyAire 01-10-2011 05:01 AM

My dogs do not let me get out of walking two miles everday. They have no concept of rain, snow, cold, etc. If I don't feel like going, they are worse than a spoiled kid and will pester me until I can't do a thing. If I turn around, they are behind me. If I stop suddenly, they bump into me. It's just easier to go and get it over. Then they will be content until it is time to go for their afternoon ride. Same song, different verse.
Since my sewing stuff and computer is upstairs, I am up and down the steps no less than 50 times a day. Between walking the dogs and the steps, I get all the exercise I want.

CarrieAnne 01-10-2011 05:12 AM

Thanks. I need to start excercising more!

raptureready 01-10-2011 05:16 AM

I've decided to start today---I'm going to try to watch what I eat and do more exercising that just my fingers at a keyboard. I really want to get and try Zumba but I have an air-walker downstairs and I'm going to start with that. I have some really bad joints so I have to be careful at what I do but the air walker is low impact on the knees. I just bought the exercise thing for the Wii that has the little camera that sits on top the tv and actually shows you on the screen with the instructor rather shadowy in the corner. I told my DH we need to get a widescreen tv so that I can use it.

DebraK 01-10-2011 07:14 AM

yep I use those. I like the idea of listening to an audio book while doing so.

amma 01-10-2011 09:41 AM

I need to do more of this too in the colder months... going outside just isn't an option...
Thanks for the nudge :D:D:D

Cuilteanna 01-10-2011 10:05 AM

Anything above a mile is NOT for fat, lazy people! I have two DVDs but I get so sick of all the chatting! I started listening to my own music and trying to keep up with the movements on the screen but sometimes the music just isn't the right tempo.

I have a bad knee, so I can't do all the movements she does, but they ARE good!