Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   fathers day 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fathers-day-2010-a-t50531.html)

bezzie58 06-20-2010 12:21 PM

Well I just want to let everyone here know I will not be making Mom of the Year for now and time to come. I was a bad mom last night and it has spilled in today. I ask our 16 year old son yesterday if he had gotten his dad anything for fathers day and he said no and went to his room so we left and went into town and i ask if he wanted to go so he could get him something and he again said no so last night at 11 i ask him again if he had gotten him a gift yet with a sharp reply NO you go get him something and i will pay for it and slammed his door i went back to my sewing room very upset so i got him out of bed made him get dressed and i took him to wal-mart and made him pic out his dads fathers day gift come home wrap it and fill the card out so today he still wasnt out of bed at noon so i halled him out of bed made him get dressed and give his dad his gift and sit there while he opened it so now i am in the dog house. You know i am still laughing i guess he wont forget my birthday in 2 weeks will he

raptureready 06-20-2010 12:27 PM

He's 16! He's at that age where parents have really lost their appeal and getting them gifts just isn't the macho thing to do. He'll get over it and regret his actions but it may take awhile.

PS if you hadn't made him, you'd have still been wrong. It's because for the next few years you're one of the stupidest people on earth. He'll be amazed at how wise you and his dad become in the next 5-10 years. LOL

cjomomma 06-20-2010 12:28 PM

Teenagers!!!!!

erstan947 06-20-2010 12:40 PM

Yep! been there done that. I was getting mad today because our 2 sons had not called their dad today. They live out of state. They are 40 and 42 years old. Then I remembered that our phones are out and will be at least til tomorrow.
Oh well.

craftybear 06-20-2010 12:48 PM

glad you got him dressed to go and get a present

sharon b 06-20-2010 12:56 PM

He won't realize how important this day is until he is a father and then he will Thank you :thumbup:

You did the right thing :lol:

littlehud 06-20-2010 12:58 PM

I'm proud of you. Make him do it. That's the only way they learn. He will get better......in about 10 years. :lol:

amma 06-20-2010 01:00 PM

LMBO You GO Mama!!! :D:D:D
I remember those teenage years LOL

Debbie B 06-20-2010 01:10 PM

Sounds to me like you are a very good mom and wife! One day your son will look back and say "thanks, mom".

susie0808 06-20-2010 02:09 PM

My son is 16 too. He is a lazy bum. It takes a whole lot of yelling to get him to do something.As tired as I am He is tired of hearing me. But you know what... too freaking bad. He wants this that and the other thing. He don't get it... because I don't pay lazy bums to cut my grass! That's his chore. Today DH asked him why he hasn't gone out there to cut it yet... My sons reply was "whats the rush"? DH flipped! You bet the boy moved real quick after that!