Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Father's Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fathers-day-t131596.html)

reach for the stars 2 06-19-2011 06:28 AM

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there...Enjoy your day

luvstitches 06-19-2011 07:00 AM

Thank you...I'll tell my husband. And happy Father's day to you as well!

ptquilts 06-19-2011 07:09 AM

Hope everyone has a nice Father's Day - it is kind of bitter around here - DH has 4 grown kids but they never call on Father's Day - well, one did about 5 years ago. No cards either, which is OK but a phone call would really make his day.

alikat110 06-19-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Hope everyone has a nice Father's Day - it is kind of bitter around here - DH has 4 grown kids but they never call on Father's Day - well, one did about 5 years ago. No cards either, which is OK but a phone call would really make his day.

Maybe you should call them and ask them to call dad?

blueangel 06-19-2011 07:17 AM

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads

ptquilts 06-19-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110

Maybe you should call them and ask them to call dad?

DH wouldn't want that - it wouldn't mean anything if they only did it because they were asked to.

sewmanyideas 06-19-2011 07:31 AM

That is horrible,shame on them. Do they call you for Mother's Day?

sewmanyideas 06-19-2011 07:33 AM

My hubby unfortunately had to work today. We are military,Army to be exact and he is working in the field today:( Hoping he comes home early though to see his son and enjoy his day.

Happy Father's Day to all the daddy's out there!!!

ptquilts 06-19-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sewmanyideas

That is horrible,shame on them. Do they call you for Mother's Day?

no, I am not their mother, just stepmother although they probably don't think of me as such. I am sure that on Mother's Day they probably got together with their mother (when she was alive).

I did not have the world's greatest relationship with my dad, but I always made sure to call him on Father's day, his birthday, and Christmas if I could not be with him. Just the thought of him not getting a call - I couldn't stand it.

Now I have to go and repeat my favorite mantra --

"I release the need to determine how things SHOULD be."

sewmanyideas 06-19-2011 07:39 AM

Oh I see well make sure you give him a huge hug today!!

My dad is both of my parents pretty much.