Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The FBI is after me. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fbi-after-me-t159157.html)

feffertim 10-09-2011 07:54 AM

I received an Email telling me that I have an inheritance of 10.5 million coming to me, and that the FBI has taken over the disbursement of funds because of the unreliable banks in this country. Of course they want all my personal information sent to them but the funny thing was this last sentence. It reads:-

Note: You will be charged for money laundering and terrorist activities if you fail to obtain the Fund Ownership Certificate within 72 hours as instructed, therefore you have been advised to quickly get back to us immediately, so that we can direct you on how to obtain the above mention document from the funds originated country.

If I suddenly disappear from this board, you know I have been arrested as a terrorist. LOL

craftybear 10-09-2011 07:55 AM

rofl

AlwaysQuilting 10-09-2011 07:57 AM

I always thought you had shifty eyes...

PaperPrincess 10-09-2011 07:58 AM

That's almost as scary as being reported to the quilt police!!

feffertim 10-09-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I always thought you had shifty eyes...

ha ha

GwynR 10-09-2011 08:01 AM

LOL!

moonwork42029 10-09-2011 08:02 AM

Is there a bounty out for you...we might be able to all get some more fabric if we turn you in...now on the other hand, when you get the $, remember we didn't turn you in and you get to reward us with more fabric....either way, "we win", lol.

ptquilts 10-09-2011 08:09 AM

no wonder the gov't is going broke, now the FBI is in charge of giving money to people!!

I got one from the UN, they are giving out money too!

luvnquilt 10-09-2011 08:14 AM

I'm so glad when I see posts like this sharing these scams!! It's good for all of us to see what's out there! Enjoy spending your inheritance, ;)

GrannieAnnie 10-09-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim
I received an Email telling me that I have an inheritance of 10.5 million coming to me, and that the FBI has taken over the disbursement of funds because of the unreliable banks in this country. Of course they want all my personal information sent to them but the funny thing was this last sentence. It reads:-

Note: You will be charged for money laundering and terrorist activities if you fail to obtain the Fund Ownership Certificate within 72 hours as instructed, therefore you have been advised to quickly get back to us immediately, so that we can direct you on how to obtain the above mention document from the funds originated country.

If I suddenly disappear from this board, you know I have been arrested as a terrorist. LOL

I cringe to think how many folks may fall for this scam.
This one is about as far out as I can imagine!