Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   First day of "vacation"...and how it went (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/first-day-vacation-how-went-t219070.html)

stablemom 04-13-2013 07:37 PM

First day of "vacation"...and how it went

So, my DH is away for 7 days and i took the same time off, and gave myself a huge list of things to do inside and outside, depending on the weather.
Although today was supposed to be half relaxation and half work, I planned my day as follows:
9:00 Church rummage sale with daughters and grandson, followed by sale at senior's centre, then breakfast and then thrift store , then home and housework....dishes, beds, laundry, tidy up, then hit the sewing room big time to pack it up .....
Everything was on time until we got home....then I had a 3 hour nap!!!! Well that made me lose my ambition. I did dishes, laundry , beds and then I gave up.
Instead I read, watched tv, computer time and play time with grandson.
So hoping tomorrow I will hit the sewing room early and stick with it.
There is always a better offer, then doing housework hahah

cmg625 04-13-2013 08:04 PM

Sounds like me. I took the day off yesterday so I could do some sewing, instead I took my son to breakfast for his birthday and went looking for his birthday present. I did go to a quilt shop and couldn't find the material I needed, so i went home and my husband said we needed to pay bills! I did finally got some sewing done and didn't like how the block turned out so now I am looking for different fabric. :(

Elisabrat 04-14-2013 01:57 AM

I say it was a win day. You got a whole lot done off your bucket list of things to do so pat yourself on the back. Tomorrow is another day right? I start out saying today I will do those three blocks! finish the binding on this item! and make and finish that runner! I end up doing laundry, fix the cat box, get those dishes out of the sink, sew two blocks, go make lunch, take a short nap, sew one more block, start dinner, cleanup dinner, too tired watch tv. so I missed a bunch of things like binding and table runners but I did get three blocks done and the house is not a disaster. You won I am telling you. And it sounded like an enjoyable day at that. I suggest staying home today to finish the home things this way its harder to be distracted. (in theory).

alwayslearning 04-14-2013 06:48 AM

That three hour nap may have been the best thing you did for yourself!

GrandmaPeggy 04-14-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning (Post 6000222)
That three hour nap may have been the best thing you did for yourself!

I agree. You do remember the saying....."a man/woman makes plans and God laughs"... Have fun today in your sewing room.

LenaBeena 04-15-2013 06:36 AM

Oh yes, I have had days like that. "Best laid plans of mice and men, often go astray", so the saying goes. Well, how about "Best laid plans of women never turn as out as planned, but often times more interesting!"

Nammie to 7 04-18-2013 06:33 PM

I think you accomplished a great deal on your first day of vacation! The 3 hour nap was a bonus!